Midnight

You woke up to the closing of your front door. You assumed it was your mom and you tried to fall back asleep. Your nighttime scenarios usually consisted of Kageyama or your volleyball team. Sometimes you would think about your anime shows or songs. Anything to get you to go to sleep, but nothing was working. You felt homesick while you were home and your brain just refused to go to sleep. You stretched for your phone, the bright light illuminated your face and you squinted harshly. The time was 12:00, you went to bed only about an hour ago but it felt like forever. You decided to abandon your mind palace and contact Tobio.

To: Tobio
Hey, are you up

From:Tobio
Yea

To: Tobio
I can't fall asleep

From:Tobio
Oh?

To:Tobio
Can we do something

From:Tobio
Like what?

To Tobio:
Get Ice cream

From:
It's midnight

To:
But you like ice cream and I like ice cream so therefore we shall get ice cream

From:
You make good points

You prayed your mom wasn't asleep yet and that she would say yes to your childish request. Sneaking out and then getting caught would ruin her trust in you, and you would never want her to distrust you. You walked towards your moms room trying to not make much noise just in case she was already asleep. To your relief she was awake. As she was sitting on her bed about to go to sleep, you approached her.
"Hey mom... I was wondering if I could get ice cream with Tobio right now?"
Her eyes met yours as she stared at you with hesitation
"But it's late (y/n)"
You sighed and the wheels started turning in your head thinking of convincing points
"Yea but it is not a school night and I'm not going alone and I am only getting ice cream so that I can fall asleep because I have been having a hard time falling asleep for the last 3 days. Comfort food usually helps me relax"
You said politely as you anxiously fidgeted with your fingers. Your mom took a minute to think about it.
"I trust you and Tobio, but come right back after you get ice cream, since its late Tobio can also stay the night if he wants, I don't like the idea of him being alone in his house like that"

Tobios' parents were both on business trips and your mom thought of him as another son so she wanted to help. She always hated the idea of anyone being alone for an extended period of time. You mentally cheered and a small smile made its way to your face.

"Thanks mom, love you, and have a good night"

You hugged her and then walked away honestly surprised. She said yes to such a silly request.
You texted your boyfriend to let him know that he could stay over if he wanted and that you could meet in 10 minutes. You put on another outfit, fixed your bedhead, and grabbed some cash. Out the door you went feeling spontaneous.

"Hey Tobio"

You cooed as you saw him at the end of your driveway. Your eyes softened when seeing his face and you felt your heart was going to be weak by the fact that he was just existing. His normal scowl was replaced with a tired expression and he looked slightly confused.

"Why are we getting ice cream so late?"
He asked as you guys started to make your way to the nearest ice cream shop that's open 24 hours.
"Comfort foods help me calm down and then fall asleep" you then sighed lightly "You didn't have to say yes to coming with me Tobio"
He then looked away from you
"Tch, I care for your well being, if it will help you feel better I'll do what you want"
He mumbled
You heard him loud and clear, and you couldn't calm your loudly beating heart. You never had someone that cared for you like this romantically. Butterflies filled your stomach and you couldn't hold back your smile. He was a weirdo, but he was so sweet. After a bit of silence you spoke up.

"Thanks, your amazing"

Your eyes held such a loving gaze that when he snapped his head towards you due to your unexpected words, he was surprised. You loved having someone by your side, and you loved him, your Tobio, so very much.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"
He asked slightly embarrassed
"Sorry......"
You looked away embarrassed as your face and hands started to get warm.
"Don't stop doing it though"
He spoke while avoiding eye contact
"Tobio if you didn't want me to stop doing it, then why would you point it out? It's embarrassing"
You face started getting warmer
" I don't know I was curious"
He responded in the same flustered manner
"Do you really wanna know why I look at you like that?!"
You shouted in a hushed voice to avoid disturbing your neighbors
"Well YA that's why I asked!"
He whisper shouted back and you stopped walking
" ITS CUZ I REALLY LOVE YOU OKAY AND I APPRECIATE YOUR EXISTENCE"
You announced to him dramatically
"WELL YA I LOVE YOU TOO"
He responded back

Then you guys just stared at each other in anger from the embarrassment that you both caused to each other. Functioning around attractive people was never Tobio or your strong points, but having a person that was attractive and felt the same way about you only made it harder. Resulting in losing your cool every now and then, for example right now. You then started walking again to your destination not saying a word. Tobio soon walked next to you.
Being flustered was the weirdest feeling and you didn't really know how to deal with it.
You were startled when you felt a hand bump into yours. You ignored it and dived back into your thoughts.
I wonder if humans are the only animals that get embarrassed. Maybe it's because our brains are more complex than other animals. I wonder if anyone has ever done research on this.
His hand bumped into yours again. Before you could ignore it, he bumped into your hand again and you looked up to his face to see him looking back at you.
This boy
You looked back down to your hand and grabbed his, intertwining your fingers gently. You looked back up to him to see him looking straight ahead smiling a little.

After ordering your ice cream and getting back to your house, you found yourself on your roof stargazing while finishing up your ice cream.
"We haven't told anyone"
He thought out loud
"What that we are a thing?"
You responded
"Ya, Hinata was talking me the other day giving me advice on how to confess"
He rolled his eyes
"What did he say?"
You questioned
"He wanted me to confess my love to you in the halls with a big sign and chocolate"
He said as you cringed
"He has been watching too many romance movies, I would be so embarrassed for myself and you if you did that"
"Yeah"
He murmured and then pulled you near him so that you were cuddling on the roof. It was surprisingly comfy. You gazed up at the stars, creating your own constellations and trying your best to focus on staring at them instead of staring at Tobio. You snuggled into Tobios chest and your breathing started to slow as you got more tired. You went silent and Tobio got worried that you fell asleep.
"Do you know any star things"
You raised an eyebrow at his word choice
"You mean constellations"
You snickered
"Ya same thing"
He mumbled
You looked to the sky and pointed
"Well there is the little and big dipper"
A moment of silence passed
" That's all you know?"
He deadpanned
"Oh please, I knew two, you didn't know any!"
Knowing that by the sound of your voice you were sleepy, he grumbled and stood up whilst grabbing your wrist. You calmly obliged to his motion and went back to your room and you both got in bed.

That night you slept well.

Sorry this chapter is kinda boring, but I thought it was cute. I hope you enjoyed it.