After

Kageyama's POV

It's been a 2 months after he died. The funeral was...... I don't know. It felt weird knowing that he was gone but life felt the same. Yet Y/N wasn't the same. I didn't go to her house after the incident for about two weeks, but the day I stepped into their house it felt wrong and empty even though there was still people living in it. Y\N's brothers were both in college now and I started school at Karasuno. I wasn't really depressed after he died. Yes we were close, but it didn't hurt me the same way it hurt Y/N. At first her mom was really upset, but after a few weeks she made peace with the fact that he was gone. Having a loved one die is a pain the will last a lifetime, the people who were effected just somehow learn to adapt.

♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡

Normal POV

You were devastated and numb . Kageyama would come over and visit you every other day. He didn't exactly know how to deal with your emotional state though. He kind of just came and watched over you while you laid in your bed staring at the ceiling. He would sometimes tell you about his new volleyball team. He was never one to talk a lot, but it seems that he changed just a little to compliment you. He once told you about how you should come back to school, because your acting like a lazy bum. When he said that you chuckled surprising him. That was the first time you have an expression that wasn't emotionless in a while. That was the day you broke down.

You sat up on your bed and looked Tobio in the eyes. You wanted to go to school, you wanted to live a life that your father would want you to. But you knew that he wouldn't be there to help you with school work and see you graduate or get married or see you grow up into an adult. It was a complex feeling and there was a pit in your stomach, a hole in your soul, you felt so empty, and you didn't want to feel that way. Tears started to well in your eyes. You were slightly mad at Tobio, but not because he insulted you. He had to put up with you every day in your depressed state, and you would never even say a word to him. You were grateful, but mad that he even came. He was wasting his time on you. As much as you want him to do well in school, study, and play volleyball, you were selfishly allowing him to stay. It was time for you to move on.

"I'm sorry....."
You stood to your feet and faced Tobio who was sitting on your carpet.
Tears rolled down your rosy cheeks and your eyelashes started to clump together.
"Sorry for what?"
"That it took me so long to finally accept that he is gone. You have been taking the time out of your day to come visit me when you could probably have spent your time doing better things a-and I haven't even said thank you."
Your voice was soft and weak. It was above a whisper, yet lacking it's usual flare.
Tobio stood up and wrapped his arms around your weak stature. You have been barely eating and your mom has been practically force feeding you for the past two months. You wrapped your arms around his waist and you both slowly slid back down to the floor still in each other's arms. You were sobbing and getting Tobio's shirt soaked with tears. His expression consisted of the slightest hint of sympathy and confusion. You knew that he was never really good with you being sad, but it didn't matter. He didn't even need to say anything to make you feel better. He already accepted your apology without saying a word.