Nerves

Tomorrow was the day that you were going to your track meet. Is was a good temperature outside as you were walking home with the volleyball team. The sky was blue, the breeze was calming, but your legs. They were cold. and that's what you focused on. You didn't think of how your meet was tomorrow or how you had to eat well tonight to prepare for tomorrow of how you needed to sleep tonight to wake up for tomorrow.........
"Hey Y/N"
Tobio's voice knocked you out of your thoughts.
"Yes....."
"What is wrong with you?"
"That was pretty rude Kageyama!"
"Shut up you tangerine!"
"Maybe she just has something on her mind."
Sugawara added
"I um I uhhhhh my legs are cold."
Stupid Stupid stupid
"You were silent all day, got hit with a volleyball in the face, fell down when you were running, attempted to drink water from the bottom of your water bottle, and have been distracted all day because your legs are cold."
You blushed til you were a Tomato
And the team laughed
"You such a dork (y/n)"
Hinata chuckled
You looked to Kageyama and punched him in the arm.
"Leave me alone, I'm just nervous for the meet........"You pouted. "Do you keep tabs on me or something, you weren't even there when I fell  at practice."
" He does because he loves mmmm"
Sugawara put his hand over Noya's mouth to shut him up before he could finish his sentence.
"I asked Ayaka and Emiyo if they noticed anything off about you and Emiyo said that you fell multiple times at practice....."he scratched the back of his neck worrying how you would react by his next words. "I should probably stay the night at your house just to keep an eye on you and make sure you don't attempt to do anything stupid."he blushed slightly
"Wow how bold Kageyama!"
Tanaka shouted
"He is growing up before my eyes....."
Daichi wipes away a tear
"Yea that's probably for the best, I don't want to burn a plate or something."
"SHE ANSWERED SO CASUALLY!"
Asahi commented
You turned to Asahi who was sweat dropping and shocked.
"He sleeps over at my house all the time, he practically lives there."
"Just wife her already Kageyama!"
Tanaka begged to which you and Tobio blushed.

♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦

-Timeskip-
It was the early mourning of the meet. You went downstairs to see Kageyama cooking you breakfast.
"Good morning Tobio...."
You sleepily grogged while rubbing your eyes
He grunted in response and passed you a bowl of food which you gladly excepted. You took a few bites and grunted.
"Your not the best cook Tobio the only thing your actually good at is volleyball...." you murmured in a monotone sleepy voice
"What did you say you dumb@ss! Volleyball is the only thing I need to be good at!"
He whisper-shouted.
"Don't get you panties in a twist, I'm kidding, thanks for the food....."you smiled
You packed your stuff for the meet while Kageyama sat on your bed. Last night he slept on the floor even though you very much wanted to be in his arms. You are still only friends and didn't want to do anything that might make him feel uncomfortable. You slipped your Karasuno sweatshirt on over your jersey.
"Hey Tobio, I'm happy you sleeped over, you distracted me from my worrying with your interesting personality."
You grabbed your orange water bottle from your dresser and shoved it in your black sports bag.
"What's that supposed to mean."
You turned his direction to look him in the eye.
"Nothing, just thank you."
He tched
"Whatever" You continued packing until you were finished. "Do you want me to walk you to the school?"
"No, I need to mentally prepare myself but thank you."
He nodded and followed you as you walked out the house.
"Do your best Y/N, don't screw up."
"Mmm, can't make any promises...."He scowled. "See you later, Tobio." You gave him your signature smile as you backed away and then turned around. Tobio walked towards his house.
"Ugh you are so annoyingly adorable."
He growled under his breath

You watched the clouds as you listened to your favorite songs to get you positive for the meet. (Song you were listening to ^)
You relaxed your shoulders and took a deep breath in. You let your butterfly's from this morning fly away. You put your hair into a ponytail as you walked and put your hood over your head. You then tied the strings of your hoodie in a bow tightly making you look like an egg. For some reason that helped you relax until you got to the bus. You walked up the bus stairs and found a seat worthy of your presence. You sat down with your bag at your feet and prepared yourself to sleep by calming yourself even more. You pulled out a monkey blanket from home and wrapped up in it. Kozan walked onto the bus to saw you in a monkey blanket ball. He chuckled and sat next to you.
"Do you want a blanket too?"
You asked
Kozan internally squealed at how adorable you looked.
"yes a blanket would be nice."
You reached into your bag and pulled out another blanket but this one had cheese 🧀 on it. He curled up as well. After a few minutes the bus started to head to Tokyo, but you and Kozan were asleep before that.

You woke up to a bright light in your face.
"EVERYONE WAKE UP WE ARE HERE!"
Coach Ushikawa shouted
You groaned internally and stretched out your tired limbs.
"Good Morning Y/N"
"Good Morning Emiyo."Emiyo was sitting behind you looking fully awake and ready for the meet. "How?"She tilted her head as you gaped."Your an alien, I don't believe you just wake up looking like that."
She giggled
"Im ready!"
She looked off into the distance.
She rolled your eyes.
"I'm not, but we should probably get off the bus no matter my mental state."
You sighed and walked off the bus with the rest of your team.
"Everyone eat and drink something now, we will be racing in 3 hours."
Coach Announced
"Warm up 20minutes before your race and be at the starting line 10 minutes before your scheduled time."
Emiyo Added

3 hours passed very fast and there you were on the starting line for the 400 meter dash. Your heart was beating so fast and your mind was spinning. You took in deep breathes and jumped twice than shook your legs. You were ready. "Win y/n!" you turned to the voices to see everyone your brothers, your mom, Ayaka, and the ENTIRE VOLLEYBALL TEAM.
How the heck did they get Tsukkishima to come too
You smirked at them and mouthed
'I will'

They were cheering so loud..... it was pretty fracking embarrassing

But you did win☺️

Extra:
After the race Kozan congratulated you and gave you back your blanket.
"You did amazing Y/N"
"Thanks Kozan so did you."
"I did better though....."
He smirked
"You arrogant bastard, I got a better time than you in the 800."
You rolled your eyes
"I got a better time in the 200."
"I don't even run the 200!"
You argued while laughing

Meanwhile:

Jealousy bubbled inside of Tobio
"Who the heck is he......"
Tobio asked himself yet Ayaka answered
"That's Kozan, a friend of Y/N's but don't worry I'm pretty sure she sees him as a friend, she has eyes for someone else......"
Tobio's interest piqued
"Who?"
"You will find out eventually......."

I bless thy with another chapter✋😔