Ask him

Author's note: I wanted to write this before valentines day but I was sad so I will be writing a little segment for you guys now instead. Pretend it is before valentines day.

The date is February 6th

Now is around the time where people start asking each other to the Valentine's day dance. Yet no one has asked you, not Tobio, not Ayaka, not Noya, not Yachi, not Hinata, nor Kozan. No one asked you. You would, of course, go as friends with everyone who wasn't your boyfriend, but going with a friend doesn't sound so bad. You sulked in your room as you saw another snapchat story of someone getting asked out. You groaned to yourself. The dance sounds fun but maybe it's not all that, maybe not going at all is your best option. It's either that or ask someone.
You stared at your phone as you snuggled in your bed on a Saturday afternoon. You were the one who confessed, but Tobio was the one who kissed you, maybe it's a subconscious policy that it was now your turn to make the move. He may not want to go though. That is a big possibility.
You put your doubts aside and committed to asking him out. If he says no he says no I will just sulk in my room instead of going to the dance.

Monday, February 8th

You were going to ask him on your way home, but you literally forgot. Maybe your brain was just trying to save you from embarrassment.

Tuesday, February 9th

You were calmly contemplating the difference between empathy, sympathy, and apathy when Ayaka came up to your desk during break. You didn't acknowledge her, instead you just thought about whatever came to mind. She spoke your name and you grunted in response.

"The dance is coming up" she said as smile grew on her face, "Are you going to ask anyone or are you going with anyone"
She talked quickly with excitement glittering from her words. No one should be this excited in the morning. Noting this, you figured that she was already going with someone because of her overwhelming enthusiasm. If she wasn't, she would have been sulking about being lonely.

"I was planning on asking someone" You stated quietly, "What about you"

"I'm going with Noya"

You raised an eyebrow. You never really considered that your two friends could possibly be a couple.

"So are you guys just going as friends or is it a date?"
You asked

Her face grew warm as she stuttered a sentence.

"W-well we never really specified-"

"Oh? I see....." She grew a little panicked at your response, thinking that you might have figured her out. You did, it was so obvious but you never really paid much attention to their relationship before. Maybe there were feelings they had for each other that you never noticed. "Who asked who" you questioned

"Noya asked me yesterday....."

You let out a small smile.

"But who are you asking to the dance?"
She asked

"I'll tell you if I get rejected"

"Huh?"

The teacher walked back into the room and told everyone to take their seats leaving Ayaka very annoyed and curious.

Today, Tobio practiced later than normal with Hinata, and told you to go home without him.

Maybe Tomorrow

Wednesday, February 10th

You had good excuses for why you couldn't ask him out the last two days. BUT TODAY WAS THE DAY. You were commited, prepared, and tired of avoiding the inevitable. You went throughout your day with determination and confidence. You knew that you were a baddie who could take on anyone and anything.

It was the end of the day and you were walking towards the boys volleyball gym after your practice finished. You made sure you looked relatively nice and Emiyo even said that you looked really pretty today. As you made your way to the gym you noticed a girl waiting outside. You didn't recognize her and you were slightly confused but you paid her no mind. When you entered the gym you saw the boys just cleaning up. Once they finished, Tobio jogged over to you.

"Ready to go?"
You asked

"Yea"
He replied

You were about to leave the school but the girl you saw earlier ran up to both of you.

"H-hey Kageyama, can I speak to you?"
She asked, grabbing his wrist and dragging him away before he could respond.
She was pretty....really pretty. She had long dark hair and blue eyes. You gulped knowing what was about to go down. She was probably going to ask Tobio to the dance. Your confidence came crashing down and you sulked a little bit. You didn't start crying nor did you walk away in anger. You stood there and you knew that when he came back, you wouldn't have the confidence to ask him out.
On the walk home you were able to confirm that the girl did ask him out but he said no. After that you felt better and started talking about the rock cycle and why it was stupid that you had to learn about it. When you realized you forgot to ask him again he already started walking to his house. You were still a little insecure and running after him is cliche so you decided to wait til tomorrow.

Thursday, February 11th

You got him right where you wanted him. You were in front of your house about to ask him. His gaze seemed confused on why you didn't go inside and instead just stand in front of the door.

"I have something to ask you..."
You spoke confidently

He stayed silent and as you were about to ask him; the words got caught in your throat.

"I- you- us- go-maybe- no have to- we- yes"
Your face started heating up as you heard your own gibberish

"Are you feeling okay?"
He asked while putting his hand on your head

"No, goodbye"
You then went inside

WE ARE LITERALLY DATING WHY AM I HAVE SUCH A HARD TIME ASKING HIM OUT!!!! IF HE SAYS NO, IT'S NOT LIKE WE ARE GOING TO STOP DATING!!! HE JUST DOESN'T WANT TO GO!!!!

Friday, February 12th

The dance is tomorrow and today was your last chance. Ayaka kept pestering you about who you were going to ask out. Throughout the day you saw multiple girls confessing and asking Tobio to the dance. About 5 if you counted correct. You decided to stop being a wimp and you knew this was the day. You were only a few steps away from your house as you spun to face Tobio.

"Um Tobio"

"Yes, Y/N"

You looked down at your feet.

"Would you like to go to the Valentines Dance with me?"
You spoke softly but loud enough to be heard

"Yea but I thought we were already going together"

You tilted your head

"I know we are are already a couple but I wanted to ask you officially"

His cheeks got a little red

"Ok then I will definitely go with you"
"Ok good" You then pecked his cheek and started walking away, "See you tomorrow Tobio"