Newbie

A/N: Eyes blue like the Atlantic and I'm going down like the titanic.
1 week into school and you finally got used to the way things work at Karasuno. You haven't made any new friends though but your okay with that. You didn't want to rush into any friendships with people that just took pity on you since you were the newbie. You have to choose a club though since you came in late which is kind of annoying since people in all the clubs probably already made friend groups. Ugh I wish time stopped after Dad died. That's what happened for me but not the people around me.
"Um... Hello, your Y/N right."
An unfamiliar girls voice snapped you out of your thoughts as you were in home room waiting for Ayaka to show up. Without lifting your head up to see the girls appearance you let out a simple.
"Yea"
"I'm Emiyo, and Ayaka told me the other day that you ran track last year. I was wondering if you would like to join the track club."
At the mention of track club your eyes widened but you then you quickly composed yourself.
"Hmmm maybe, I will think about it."
You knew that you would definitely join and you were super excited but you were prideful so you rarely showed your true excitement.
"The track club's really fun and you would be a great addition to the team, you should stop by later to watch."
"Ok....."
You continued looking out the classroom window and went back into your thoughts as the girl walked away.

♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡

-Time skip-
After classes ended you started making your way towards the track when you heard the sound of shoes squeaking. (I bet you readers know where this is going) That sound for you was extremely nostalgic. You didn't even hesitate you walked straight towards where the sound was coming from and found yourself in front of a gym. You didn't open the doors and you honestly didn't know why you came here. You had absolutely no business being in front of the boys volleyball gym. After realizing you just made this decision out of impulse you turned around and began walking away.
"Y/N?"
You froze you didn't turn around and a million thoughts were going through your head. Why am I here? Does he think I'm a stalker? What if he asks me why I'm here? What should I use as an excuse? I lost my child.... no I'm 16 that's a stupid excuse, but depending on how stupid the guy is he might believe it. But I don't want rumors going around that I have a child. Ugh what about just telling him that I'm lost.... but that's so embarra-
"Hello?" A new voice said
You turned your head around ever so slowly. There on the stairs stood Hinata and a gray haired man that could probably pass for an angel.
"Hi......"
You managed to finally say.
"Why are you here Y/N?"
Hinata asked.
"Ummmm no reason, I gotta go tho, I'm gonna be late so bye."
"Y/N?"
Your older cousin suddenly appeared on the stairs next to the angel and tangerine.
"Ukai?What are you doing here."
"I'm the boys volleyball coach why are you here?"
Ukai asked
"I go to school here...."
You responded
"Wow I didn't know you guys went to the same school as y/n." Ukai said facing the two volleyball boys. "I was actually gonna ask you a question about something but I will just ask you later."
"Ok then, see you guys later."
You responded nervously
"BYE Y/N"
Hinata said waving very enthusiastically with a big smile on his face.
"Oh so that's Y/N......."
The angel said as you ran away to find the track.

-timeskip-

The track had about 40ish kids running on it and you stared in awe. You haven't run in so long let alone be on a track.
"Y/N you made it!"
Emiyo yelled from in the center on the track. You made your way to her, carful to not get run over by the sprinters.
"So do you wanna run or do you just wanna watch?"
"Run."
"Okay then so since your new we will start with time trials. There are a few other people that haven't done them yet so you won't be running alone. Go get changed and meet me out here in 10 minutes."

-timeskip-

You were on the track waiting for the whistle to blow. Anxiety was bubbling up in side of you ready to be released once the whistle made that extremely annoying sound. You knew you were a good runner even if you haven't ran in about 2 months. Your endurance may not be as good as it used to but that doesn't mean you can't build it up again. All you thought about right now was moving your legs at the best they can right now. To the right of you was a blonde girl that was slightly smaller than you and beside her was a tall girl slightly taller than you with dark black hair. On your left was 3 guys all of them were taller than you but one was kind of close to your height. They were talking about how they were going to beat each other. Super Competitive boys don't ever realize the real competition.
"*whistle sound*"
With that the 3 guys sprinted off ahead of you but not out of reach. You caught up to the 3rd one then the 2nd then the first until you and the guy in first were neck in neck. At the last 200 meters you sprinted ahead leaving him in the dust. You came in first breathing heavily.
After everyone finished you got your time back from Emiyo.
"Y/N that guy you just beat is one of the fastest on our team."
The guy came up behind you and Emiyo said
"How's it feel to be beaten by a girl, Kozan, that has never happened before to you has it?"
She giggled.
Kozan scoffed.
"Well, I'll beat you next time little lady."
He smirked
"In your dreams, I'll beat you over and over again if I have to."
You smirked this time as you both stared at each other with competitive eyes.
"We both had good times tho so you will be an amazing rival."
A few other people came up to telling you how good you did and introducing themselves but to be honest you probably would forget there names in a few minutes. For the rest of practice you hung out with Emiyo and Kozan and you were happy that you made two new friend-ish people.

♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦ ♡ ♦

-Time-skip-

At the end of practice the coach walked up to you and you gave him your completed sign up paper.
"Nice to have you on the team Y/N, I'm coach Ishikawa."
"I'm excited to be on the team ,coach."
And with that you started walking home.