The Dance

Edited

Saturday morning

It was nice and warmer than expected yet still cold. You texted Ayaka if she wanted to help you pick out a dress. She insisted that you had to get a new one for the dance. Getting a dress the day of the dance, hopefully you find a good one quickly. You and Ayaka rushed to the mall to start looking and thankfully they had quite a few options. After an hour of looking you found a red dress that you thought made you look amazing and Ayaka started praising you for your beauty. You quickly bought the dress and you too went back to your house. You watched a movie together and then you both started getting ready. Once you were about to leave your mom took many photos of you Tobio and Ayaka until you begged her to stop.

Your transportation was Daichi's white van. In the van you saw most of the guys as well as Yachi and Kiyoko and you couldn't help but feel excited.

Once you got to the school it was like a breath of fresh air. All the chaos slowly faded away as you got out of the van.

Tobio subtly grabbed your hand in his and started walking with you inside. You carefully intertwined your fingers with his.

" I didn't get to tell you earlier but you look really nice"
He said as he used his free hand to rub the back of his neck

You smiled
"You look really nice too"
I could stare at you for days
Tobio looked really good. He was in a suit with a red tie. Everytime you looked at him you would almost faint and you were grateful no one noticed how much you would just stare at him in the van.

The dance was fun. It was filled with laughs and sweets. Tobio had to drag you away from the chocolates several times. Yachi and Hinata went together as well as Tanaka and Kiyoko.
And you actually figured out that Ayaka and Noya just came as friends so all you suspicions were actually wrong.

No one even questioned you or Tobio's relationship until you guys danced one slow song together.

You both swayed in sync as you had your arms around his neck and his were around your waist. The entire team was eyeing you guys down. You were gazing into his blue eyes until you shifted your gaze to the team. You smiled a little to yourself at their curiousness and Tobio just admired the way the corners of your mouth lifted into a grin
Then the song started coming to an end.

"Do you think they like each other?"
Hinata asked

"I don't know they could just be dancing as friends"
Asahi commented

"Friends don't look at friends that way"
Suga responded while rolling his eyes

"Yea they definitely have feelings for each other right?"
Tanaka said somewhat unsure

"Ya most definitely"
Noya answered

"I can't believe you guys didn't know until now"
Tsukkishima remarked

"What do you mean Tsukki?"
Yamaguchi asked

"I heard him ask her out a while ago in the hallway, but he did it really casually so I presumed that they could have been a thing before that, but that said I thought their feelings were very obvious"

"Ya I guess so..."
Yachi mumbled

"They are so cute together"
Kiyoko said with a small smile giving Tanaka a heart attack

"I am not worthy of you Kiyoko"
-Tanaka wailed

"They are really growing up, I'm so proud of them"
Daichi stated and a tear rolled down his face

"No need to cry about it"
-Suga

"I CAN'T BELIEVE SHE DIDN"T TELL ME"
Ayaka angrily shouted right before the song ended

It felt like it was just you and Tobio in this world and you paid no attention to anything around you. Your eyes focused and your head fuzzy. Your lips made there way to his, right as the song ended. Pretty Cliche, but it was a nice feeling.

The team erupted in gasps and cheers..
"I KNEW IT"
Hinata shouted
"Get it KAGEYAMA"
-Tanaka
"Did they just-"
-Ennoshita
"I-"
-Asahi
"It's about time"
-Noya
"You can say that again"
-Suga
"My ship actually sailed, wow"
-Yachi
Ayaka cheered too but she soon stomped over to you.
"Why didn't you tell me Y/N? Mmm? How long has this been going on? How long have you liked him? Have you too been dating secretly?"
As she spoke her tone grew more frustrated and confused. She has been shipping you two for years yet she had no time to mentally prepare herself to not be told that the ship already sailed.

"Ayaka, our relationship was never a secret but no one ever asked after we started dating"
You said softly in hopes to calm her down.

"Y/N, you still could have told me"
She growled as a passive aggressive smile formed on her face.

Oh no, she's mad

Well I did hide my relationship from her so....

There is only one way to escape her

You then ran away, hand in hand with Tobio. Ayaka stood shocked for a moment before she swiftly started chasing after you for answers. The team was shocked as well and it was all so worth it to see the look on their faces. Hinata was jumping all over the place in joy and Yachi was clapping while you two ran out the door. Random people were also suprised but they paid no mind.

You turned multiple corners quickly with adrenaline pumping through you veins. It was hard to lose Ayaka, until you found a janitor's closet and hid in it.
If you lost this game of hide and seek tag you would have to be interrogated by Ayaka until she knew every detail. You didn't exactly want to do that right now.

Running in heels is really hard. Not to mention that Ayaka was full on sprinting after us.

You and Tobio were both breathing somewhat heavily as the confinement of the small space only limited the oxygen more.
Tobio let out a sigh
"We didn't have to run"
He whispered

"I know but she seemed kinda mad"
You said in return

He turned to face you and wrapped his arms around your waist just like when you too were dancing. He then pulled you closer to him and leaned his head onto your shoulder. His raven hair tickled your neck and the closeness gave you butterflies.
"Are you tired?"
You whispered while running your fingers through his smooth locks.
"Yea dragging you away from the chocolates four times while also listening to you ramble on about you favorite water bottle company is exhausting"
He replied
"You're one to talk, you got all mad that I preferred Dasani instead of Poland Spring"
You remarked
And he just grumbled in response causing you to giggle
"Well the team knows about us now"
You stated
"Yea, Hinata and Yachi looked so happy"
Kageyama mumbled whilst nuzzling his nose into your neck
A smile grew onto your face

He is so cute when he's tired

"It's really too bad that Ayaka is mad though"

And as if on cue said Ayaka yelled

"I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE YOU BETTER COME OUT"
You both pulled away and looked at each other scared.

You opened the door and sprinted out dragging your boyfriend along with you. You made it to the front doors of the school and stopped in your tracks when you saw that it was raining.

"Do you mind running home in the rain?"
You asked him

"Y/N you could catch a cold"

"Nah colds don't nearly scare me as much as Ayaka does"

"Okay well if your going, I'm going with you"

And with that you two ran out of the school and into the rain, in an attempt to avoid the wrath of your best friend.

I apologize I don't know what is even going on in this chapter😃
Let's pretend this chapter wasn't terrible, I will make the next chapter better. 😅