40

Virgil just laid there on their bed watching as Roman got dressed. He hadn't gotten up yet choosing instead to admire the view before him. Roman smirked as he buttoned his pants and went to grab his shirt. 

"Good morning, Love." Roman lulled as Virgil giggled softly still refusing to move.

"Good morning, Poppy. Why are you up so early? The sun hasn't even come up." Roman just smiled as he walked back over to the bed. He crawled himself over his love gently pressing his lips against his as he purred into the kiss. Virgil wrapped his arms and legs around him with a giggle as Roman picked him up till Virgil was in his lap. Roman trailed gentle kisses down his neck before just nuzzling into him.

"I wanted to start the day early." Roman took a deep breath before pulling away and just staring lovingly into those beautiful icy blue eyes. "I told you I would take you to fairyland. I managed to work things over with the camp director so..."

"We're free to go?" Roman nodded as Virgil jumped off him and the bed to get ready himself. "I can't wait. Ah!" Virgil yelled happily before just collapsing into their shared closet with a giggle. "It's been so long."

"Do be careful, Campion. I don't want you geting hurt." A soft laugh filtered through the clothes as Virgil's head popped out with a slight blush. "You don't need to rush either. We have a whole 2 weeks to spend there."

"Wait 2 weeks?" Roman nodded seeing how Virgil stepped out with a very shocked look in his eyes. "Why 2 weeks?"

"Virgil this is the first time coming back home in... I don't even know how long..."

"Over a decade." Roman's eyes shot wide as Virgil just smirked. "It's been over a decade."

"R-Really?" Virgil rolled his eyes as he nodded. He started to take his shirt off as Roman just sat there lost in thought. "Uh... wait... no that uh... that actually makes sense. I just um... I wasn't thinking." Roman raked his fingers through his ginger hair as he sighed. "Nightengale was the last fae ever put in the program so..." Virgil faltered as his magic twinged around him. His fingers fumbled with his pants as he took a deep breath. He was going to have to get used to his true name being called. The effect it has isn't something Virgil had ever really experienced before. Not to this level anyway. He quickly resumed his changing before stopping again as he felt Roman wrap his arms tightly around him from behind. Virgil just melted into his as they swayed in place. "I love you, you know?"

"I know. I love you too."

"I just..." Roman nuzzled into him as he pressed a very soft and light kiss to his neck. "I just wanted to remind you. I love you and that's never going to change."

"Ro? What's wrong?"

"Nothing." Roman pushed away as Virgil turned to look at him. "I just felt like... I didn't want you to think you couldn't tell me who you are because you were afraid. I know how your anxiety is... and I just... I wanted to make sure I reminded you every chance I got that I love you." Virgil's eyes softened as Roman smiled at him. "I love you, Virgil Blake. You're my mate. So matter what you tell me... I'm ALWAYS going to stay by your side."

"Roman, I know." Virgil brushed Roman's hair back with a gentle look of fondness. "I'm not scared of that. I promise. I told you, I want to ease everyone into it."

"But they..." Roman tensed suddenly making Virgil's smile fall to a look of worry. "They all already know... don't they? They're all being awkward around me. Remus is avoiding me and he only ever does that when he's trying to keep a secret. You told them all... didn't you?"

"Yes, I did." Virgil took Roman's hands tightly drawing in his love's attention. "I'm telling you too. I'm not keeping this from you, Hun. I would never keep this from you. I just... I have to take it slow."

"Why?" Virgil laughed quietly as Roman whined a bit. "Why can you tell them right off the bat and not me? I'm your mate, Virgil. You even said our bond has to do with it." Roman groaned as he quickly shook his head. "I don't care. I don't. I don't care who you are. I just... I don't want you to think you have to withhold anything from me. I don't want you to be scared to tell me something or..."

"Poppy."

"I just didn't want this to be about Nightengale." Virgil clammed up instantly as Roman looked away. The prince could literally feel how Virgil tensed at the name and he sighed sadly. "Please tell me this isn't about Nightengale." Virgil swallowed the guilt as he pulled Roman into a hug. "It is isn't it. Virgil, you're my mate. You are. I love you. I don't know how else to..."

"Roman, I am going to tell you. I promise you this. You don't have to worry about anything. Please?" Virgil's voice cracked as he hugged his mate tighter. "Trust me on this. I don't want to shock anyone. Ok? Please trust me on this."

"Why am I so different? Why do you have to take your time with me?" Virgil frowned as he pulled back enough to look into Roman's tear-filled eyes. "I really don't care who you are, Virgil. I believe me don't you."

"Of course I do, Love. That's not why I'm taking my time. I just... Poppy, please?" Roman frowned as he quite visibly relented and sighed. "How about this? During the 2 weeks, I will be as open and honest about my past with any question you give me... within reason." 

"Within reason?"

"There's a reason why I'm taking it slow." Roman rolled his eyes as Virgil just smirked at him. "But if you can figure it out on your own, I won't deny it. And if at any point I think it's safe to tell you... I will tell you right then and there. Ok?"

"You really aren't trying to keep me from it?" Virgil shook his head as Roman sighed.

"I WANT you to know Roman. I want you to know more than anything. If I could've I would have told you as soon as I remembered."

"Ok. Ok... I believe you." Roman smiled as he placed one last kiss to Virgil's forehead. "Finish getting ready, Love. We're gonna head out as soon as we can. I want to get everything situated in the castle before we do anything and..." Roman tensed awkwardly as he shook his head. "I have yet to inform my father I was even with someone let alone chose a mate." Virgil couldn't help but pale at the mention of the king.

"Oh, that won't go over well." Virgil's voice shook as Roman quickly moved to make him look up at him.

"Don't worry, Campion. There is literally nothing he can do about it. I chose you. We're mates. He can't separate us." Virgil's eyes darkened as he looked away and nodded. He didn't want to say anything. It wouldn't matter anyway as Virgil was NEVER going to let it happen again. The problem was he remembered. He remembered what the king told him and he wasn't looking forward to that reunion. But couldn't exactly tell Roman why he was so worried... After all... The king had already separated them once before.