20

Roman sat there in the medical room one hand permanently holding one of Virgil's as Eliena spoke with Aaron about what had happened. Roman had dazed out at this point. He laid his head down against the other's leg as he just stared at the boy unconscious on the bed. Every once in awhile Virgil will fuss as if having a nightmare and Roman's heart broke every time. 

"Roman?" Eliena frowned as she walked in to find the prince with his head down and she sighed. "My Prince? I have to check him for any injuries..."

"Why isn't waking up?" Eliena faltered at how broken Roman sounded. Roman gently pushed himself up and just stared at their intertwined hands. "Darren... He flipped him. He... He shouldn't be so hurt. So why..."

"Virgil has a physical disability, Roman." Eliena watched as Roman subtly tensed, squeezing his hand tighter against Virgil's as she shook her head and walked further in. "He didn't tell you?"

"Tell me what?"

"That he's a... that's not place to say. Even to you, I'm afraid." Roman nodded, not wanting to push anything if Virgil really didn't want him to know yet. "However, I can say that Virgil's body has limitations. He's frail, Roman. You can see how his body is, yes?" Roman only nodded again not wanting to say anything either. Eliena moved a chair over to the other side of the bed and looked over at the prince who refused to take his eyes off of the one in the bed. "His body is weaker than most. He's for lack of a better word at moment... he's fragile."

"He told me he bruises easily but he never really went into it."

"Well, it would make sense if he did explain it. I'm sorry." Roman just shook his head as he smiled sadly.

"It's Virgil's place to tell me when he wants to. I'm not upset at either of you. If he didn't want to say anything... That was up to him. I still haven't told him what I was so... there are secrets between us on both sides." Eliena's eyes widened as Roman forced himself to look away. "Is it wrong for me to be so attached to him?"

"Not at all, Roman."

"No one else seems to have the same thoughts." Roman's tears only fell harder as he held his head in his hands. "Logan was right. With everything going on with me... I just..."

"Roman, I know about your phobia... just as we know why you're scared." Roman felt how his back twitched as if trying to move his wings. Phantom wings... the ghost of what he had lost... Eliena's eyes softened as she shook her head. "It's not wrong for you to care so much about this boy, Roman. It's not wrong to fear losing him. But what I need you to hear from me and to think about... is that maybe losing him was just a stepping stone for the future. Maybe you had to lose him so that you may find Virgil. Just because you lost him... doesn't mean you are going to lose everyone you open your heart too."

"I loved him, Eliena." Roman choked as he leaned back against the chair. "I loved him and... And now I..." Roman's eyes went back to Virgil as he visibly seemed to relax into the chair. "I don't want to lose him too."

"I know. Anyone can see how much you care about him. I can assure you... after what Aaron has told me... no fae would ever have been involved." Roman's eyes narrowed as he took Virgil's hand again. He could see how the other was starting to look uncomfortable again. "That being said... I really do need to check him for injuries... and you need to..."

"I not leaving him."

"Roman, you have activities. I know you don't have to go to them but... What about the camp Director? Don't you have a meeting with him?" Roman growled quietly as Eliena placed her hand beside theirs. "You can't just stay here. You have to go."

"I'm not leaving him."

"Ro..."

"Eliena Travine, I AM NOT LEAVING HIM!" Eliena flinched at the use of her name as Roman's magic flared out. "I... I can't leave him. I won't do it... can't... can't do it. Please understand. I just... can't do it. I'm sorry." Eliena let herself relax as Roman started to tear up. He held Virgil's hand tightly as he used the other to brush the youngers hair back. "I can't leave him. Not like this."

"I'll set up another bed then Roman. I don't know how long he's going to be here." 

"Thank you, Eli." The doctor smiled softly as she walked off leaving Roman there alone with Virgil again, who at this point was starting to fuss. "Hey now, Campion. There's no need to fuss. I'm right here, Virgil. I'm right here." Roman cooed as he brushed his fingers through the other's hair.

"R-Rom... Romu..." Roman blinked letting his tears fall as he just continued to play with Virgil's hair soothingly. "Romul... Rom... I... I'm sorry."

"You have nothing to be sorry for. It's ok, Virgil..."

"R-Romulus." Roman frowned as he felt that familiar twinge the moment his name is called. "Romulus."

"I'm right here, my love. I'm right here." Virgil fussed only to cry in pain as he curled up around Roman's right arm, his left still trailing through the pure snowing hair. "Shh, My love. It's ok."

"I'm sorry. I'm... I didn't... I didn't want to... I swear. I didn't... I didn't want to..." Roman frowned as his worry only grew. It's the same thing every time. The same nightmare... the same pleading... He was very worried. "P-Please... Don't... D-Don't... R-Romu..." Roman sighed as he moved till his forehead was pressed against Virgil's, his magic branching out to help calm him. It seems to be the only way Virgil every settles back down. He's so frightened and Roman just couldn't stand seeing it. He couldn't bear his love being so afraid or in so much pain. If Virgil keeps fussing any injuries he has could get worse and that wasn't something Roman could allow. "I'm sorry."

"Just breathe, Virgil." Roman smiled as his fingers tangled up into the other's hair. He didn't know what Virgil was apologizing for. He didn't know what the other could have possibly done to keep torturing himself with nightmares for it. He just didn't know, but... "I forgive you." Roman pressed his lips against Virgil's forehead, his eyes glowing as the pinkish-red hazed curled around the sleeping boy. "So just breathe and get some rest ok? I need you to get better, Ok lovely? Please? Please get better."

"Roman, the rooms ready." Roman snapped up to see Eliena with a sad look in her eyes. "I suggest you get some rest yourself. You've been expending a lot of magic. I don't want you getting drained." Roman only nodded as he got up and left to listen to the doctor. He only paused for a second to give Virgil one last look before wiping his tears and closing the door behind him. Eliena sighed as she shook her head and started over to care for the boy, who still had a very pained expression on his face, although it was lessening.

"R-Romu..." Eliena froze, eyes narrowing as Virgil mumbled out in his sleep. "I'm... sorry." Virgil sighed out as the magic finally took hold. "I... I'm sorry..." Eliena watched as the poor fae finally started to relax into a deep sleep. "... for leaving you."