32

"What is this, Kiddo?" Patton stood there in awe at the spread set out over their usual table.

"Holy shit!" Janus laughed as Remus giggled excitedly.

"DOUBLE DICK!" 

"Remus, really?" Janus sighed at his mate's expressions before the two of them sat down at the table together. Virgil just rolled his eyes as carefully set down a large banana cream pie that Roman instantly went to grab before Virgil slapped his hand away.

"I thought I would make some things." Virgil mumbled softly as Logan sat down beside his own mate giving Patton a soft chaste kiss. Roman mumbled about being let out only to laugh as Virgil took his hand in his. "I just wanted everyone's opinions on it."

"Well, you already know mine." Roman called out as he tried to get the pie again only for Virgil to slap his hand again with a look. "What? I'm hungry."

"Pie's desert!" Virgil exclaimed before nudging the prince into his seat with a laugh. 

"Maybe I'm a 'dessert first' kind of man?"

"Maybe I'm an 'eat what I make you properly or else I won't make you anything more' kind of man." Virgil shot back making Roman pale instantly, clamming up with a slight whine over the playful but still scary, at least to him, threat. "Trust me, Ro. You're going to want it." Roman grumbled under his breath childishly as Virgil just rolled his eyes. 

The other fae shot each other look, except for Logan who was basking in the two's relationship. He was just happy to see them together again. You have to understand. It's been 12 years since ANY of them had ever seen him. 12 years and Roman was the ONLY one who even knew Virgil was leaving. 12 years and Roman had to inform ALL of them of what had happened all while the prince completely shattered. Roman was never the same since that happened. Roman just wasn't... alive anymore after that. Now... Now Logan could literally see the life in Roman's eyes. He missed seeing that in his friends eyes. He missed Virgil. They were all family... without him, the group just wasn't whole.

"I want pie." Virgil laughed as Roman shot him a silly look only for the prince to freeze up completely. Virgil placed this slice of gooey pizza on his plate and his eyes bugged in awe. Logan had to laugh seeing the panic in the others as Virgil gave them all their own piece. Logan wasted no time eating, knowing full well what was in it since it was one of the recipes Virgil had gone over with him. "Pizza..." Roman's eyes were alight with this childish wonder as he gave Virgil this look clearly asking if he could eat it. Virgil only nodded once before Roman rushed to take a bite.

"ROMAN!" Of course... Roman froze up, eyes darting about to see everyone's panic, as he slowly moved the pizza away from his face with a frown. Patton was the one who had yelled out startling everyone. Janus was giving Roman this look as if asking if he was stupid all while Remus was glaring at Virgil who rolled his eyes. Logan sighed in annoyance as Roman pouted. "Kiddo, you can't..."

"Actually, he can if he wants to." Virgil cut in quickly trying to calm everyone down who just crashed as Roman shrugged and took a gleeful bite.

"So good. Is this what Pizza tastes like?" Virgil smiled as Roman moaned quietly far to blissed out on the taste to care if anyone actually heard him at this point. "I love it."

"I'm glad. It took me a while to figure out a good cheese but I got it. I just hoped it tasted ok." Roman let out a happy sigh as he nodded.

"It's really good."

"I agree with Roman, Virgil." Logan gave the youngest a soft smile as he continued to eat his own. "Given the requirements you had, it is quite appetizing. I hardly taste a difference." Virgil let out a breath o relief as he himself took a bite of his own and smiled.