29

Virgil sighed as he slowly removed himself from Roman's weak grasp. the prince gave a very quiet and subtle wine but was too far asleep to fight him. Virgil couldn't help but smile. Roman's magic had slowly but surely come back under control. The overbearing warmth of the room was now gone completely. The younger fairy grabbed his phone, and as quietly as he could, he made his way out of the room to let the older sleep.

He couldn't get it out of his head. Roman said he had just wanted to have that experience. Remus had told him. He had explained to him, since Roman did not, that the lighter prince was severely allergic to dairy and couldn't have anything dairy-based. The way Roman lit up though as he tasted the sweet confection made Virgil believe that Roman did love such sweet things. The way he whined through his pain as the two laid there over how unfair it all was made it clear Roman didn't like not being able to have it.

That's how Virgil found himself planning. He had never thought about making things like ice cream, icing for cakes, yogurt, or even pizza. There are so many things you can make to be dairy-free yet... Roman said nearly anything dairy he's never had. It broke Virgil's heart completely over the sad look in his love's eyes. Roman sounded like a small child who was left out of a sleepover with friends to stay home and study in his room all night while his family also went out to Chucky Cheese's. That instense feeling of being left out of something... and Virgil understood that feeling better than anyone.

All he wanted to do now was figure out how to make it so that Roman still got all those experiences he so craved without the threat of getting sick or worse from just a few bites.

Virgil sat down on the couch in the living room texting Remus about what had gone on so that the darker twin wasn't beside himself with worry. The two were going over several ways to make sure this doesn't just happen again, despite both being fully aware they couldn't stop it. They couldn't put Roman in a bubble, just as they couldn't stop Roman from eating it if he so chose regardless of the consequences. They knew their plans would never be acted on. It just made them feel better about it all. Made them feel like they had some semblance of control over it.

As Virgil was telling Remus about a few recipe ideas the front door slammed open to reveal a very pissed of Elf and Virgil froze up sensing the rage in the air. Logan's dark blue eyes narrowed as he stalked in with a grace you'd expect a tiger to have before disemboweling its prey. The elf didn't often show any of his emotions unless in a trusted company but... This was something else. Logan was highly pissed off and it was all directed at Virgil. 

"L-Lo?" Logan growled his eyes shining slightly in the gleam of the room's light. "What are you..."

"What the fuck did you do to Roman?" Virgil's heart dropped as this wind swirled around them both. This hazy blue and grey fog shifted below the elf's feet. "He wasn't well in activity and then... just suddenly disappear? Remus wouldn't talk to me. Janus only ever mentioned you. So... Virgil. What did you do?"

"Nothing?" Logan only scoffed as he stalked closer. 

"Now why don't I believe that?" Virgil was panicking. With Logan staring at him as if he was a wolf who found a lamb caught in a trap, Virgil was spiralling under that intense feeling of vulnerability and he was breaking. He needed Roman. He WANTED Roman but the prince was sick in bed. "What did you do?!"

"I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!" Virgil cried as he shook his head and pushed himself up of the couch, moving to put more distance between them as his body ached for him to disappear. "He got sick. I've been here helping him."

"You know... I don't trust you at all... Virgil." Logan growled as he got even closer making Virgil step back, tears streaming from his eyes. "I know you're a fairy. It's written all over you. But for you to trick Roman like you are..."