14

"Here you go, Ray."  Virgil laughed as he handed a jar of honey butter over to the hyper twin who just squealed. "Don't eat it all in one sitting though, dude. You'll get sick." Remus ran off to whatever he did in the morning clutching the jar tightly as Virgil just smiled. "It a good thing I made extra."

"You do realize he's been selling it off like drugs right?" Roman teased as he hugged Virgil from behind. Virgil couldn't help but relax into him as he nodded. "It seems your honey butter is the hype of the town."

"And yet you still won't try any." Virgil spun around to give Roman a look. 

"I can't." Virgil sighed as he just nodded as went back to taking care of everything. He made another smaller jar before putting the leftovers in the fridge. "Virgil, I... I would love to try some. I just..."

"It's fine." Roman frowned as Virgil quickly set the jar into a small box grabbing some homemade muffins and placing a few into, closing it up and smiling. Virgil had been taking classes with Patton too, learning how to bake and cook different things. He took to breads and cake real fast surprising the group a bit but they all enjoyed the things the youngest would make. 

"Who's that for?" Virgil tensed as he looked back to see the smile on Roman's face. It was clear he wanted some. Virgil sighed as he picked a  muffin from the tray and passed it over making Roman's eyes light up as he took a bit and hummed happily.

"It's not important, Princey. We should go though. We have places we need to be." Roman choked a bit as he whined, not wanting to leave for for hours again. Virgil just rolled his eyes as he grabbed another muffin,  passing it over making Roman giggle a bit as he pushed him towards the door. "Let's go, Ro. I can't be late."

"Virgil, don't forget..." Roman stepped aside making them both freeze up before they actually made it out of the house. "You haven't eaten breakfast." Virgil frowned as Roman glanced back towards the kitchen. "You skipped it to bake and do the butter thing. You should eat. At least grab something."

"There's no time. I'll be fine. Let's go."

"Virgil..." Virgil tensed at the sudden tone only to melt slightly as Roman tried to hand back one of the muffins he was just given. "Please, eat?" Virgil rolled his eyes as he took it back and nodded making Roman smile happily, taking another joyous bite of his muffin while Virgil laughed a thim. "Ok. Now we can go."

"Virgil?" Glinda looked up to find a box being held out to her and she smiled as Virgil laughed a bit. "What's this for?"

"I just wanted to thank you for everything you've done since I've got here." Glinda gently took the box with a smile as she opened it only to pause with wide eyes. "I hope you like it. I made it myself."

"What is..."

"It's my homemade honey butter and a few fresh baked muffins." Her eyes lit up as she gestured to his seat. Virgil nodded as he quickly ran down to the back of the class at sat at his desk with a bright smile. He was happy. Sure he didn't eat breakfast... well he had a muffin thanks to Roman, but that wasn't enough at all. He knew he was going to regret it, but as long as he ate lunch he'd be ok. He just let himself melt into the lesson, ignoring the hunger pains that panged through him.

"So wait..." Virgil held his hand up with a frown as he glanced up from his book catching everyones attention. "I'm confused about the changeling program." Glinda's eyes widened a bit as Virgil frowned. "I was taught that fairies kidnapped children but... not why or..."

"Technically, it is still kidnapping, Virgil." Virgil's eyes darkened as Glinda sighed sadly. "No one really remembers why the program was established in the first place. Some speculate that it was to help observe humans in a more close setting. See how they reacted to being raised as a fae... the efffects of fairyland on a human." Her expression softened seeing the sad look in Virgil's eyes as she nodded. "Changelings was a program that many took part in just because they could. After the last fairy child was switched out the King closed the program down. With the threat of hunters having become such a constant problem, the king passed a law ending the changeling program to issue tragidies like his son or worse doesn't happen to anyone else."

"His son?" Glinda hesitated as she nodded. Virgil could tell by the looks on all his classmates faces, they ALL knew what had happened. "I don't..."

"One of the twin princes had their wings taken." Virgil's eyes shot wide hearing one of the students in the front respond. Glinda's eyes darkened seeing the question in Virgil's eyes and only gave him a curt nod.

"Roman..." They all snapped over to him as Virgil tensed. Virgil chocked a bit as this dull pain thrummed in his head. Like something was trying to break the surface but just couldn't. His hands started shaking bad. He just assumed it was his anxiety as he listened to the teacher try to change the topic of conversation. Virgil struggled to calm his breathing as he tuned everything out. It was only then that he noticed just how hungry he was. His panic rose as the room spun around him.

"Virgil?" Glinda frowned noticing how Virgil looked sick. His form flickered as his magic obviously started to become a bit unstable. "Virgil, are you..."

"I think... I think I need..." Virgil groaned as he shook his head. "Eliena." Glinda's eyes shot wide as she started over noticing his eyes flutter. 

"Virgil?" He met her gaze and frowned as he laughed. 

"I think my sugar crashed." 

"Ok." She started to help him up only to freak as Virgil just dropped into her arms.

"Ms. Glinda?" One of the students jumped up in a panic as Glinda picked the poor changeling up in her arms. 

"Natilie go inform the nurse that Virgil is coming." The girl that jumped up ran out of the room as Glinda started for the door. "Erik, you're in charge till I come back."

"R-Ro..." Virgil mumbled under his breath as he tensed in Glinda's arms. Glinda frowned as she quickened her pace. "R-Ro... Roman." Virgil grimaced as he trembled horribly." R-Rom... Romulus." 

Roman's eyes shot wide as he heard the faint whisper of his name in the wind. His chest clenched as he looked around catching Logan's attention who frowned in concern. Roman felt his magic flare in him as he jumped up finally realizing what it was. 

"Roman, what are you..."

"I'm sorry." Roman quickly cut in shutting the music teacher up as he ran for the door. "I have to go."

"Roman!" Logan yelled out as Roman shot him a desprete look.

"I. have. to. go!" Logan's eyes fell in understanding as he nodded, just watching as Roman ran out of the room. The teacher shared a worried look with the younger fae who just shook his head. Roman didn't know what had happened. All he knew was his name was called and his magic was reacting. He felt the pull and followed it to the nurses only to crash as he walked in to find Virgil unconsious on the medical bed. Eliena jumped as she turned around to suddenly see him standing there. "What happened?"

"I'm not entirely sure." Eliena commented as she watched Roman slowly walk over and take the youngers hand in his. "I was told that before he passed out he said he thought his sugar crashed. I was about to run a test to see if that was true."

"Sugar?" Roman tensed as he looked up to see Eliena nodding. "He uh... He skipped breakfast." Her eyes darkened as Roman chocked out his words. "He said he'd be fine. I... I gave him a muffin. I thought..."

"A muffin wouldn't be enough Roman." Roman just dropped into the chair beside the bed as he brushed the hair out of Virgil's face. "He'll be ok though. If it is sugar. It's an easy fix. When he wakes up I'll give him some juice to at least help and then we can get him some food to stablize him. After this though we should make sure he has snacks on him at all times just to make sure this doesn't happen again."

"No more skipping meals." Roman growled out in anger. Though it was in anger of himself for having let this happen. Sure he didn't know but he didn't stop it. He should have stopped it. He should have gotten Virgil to eat more. Virgil told him... he told him he needed to eat more than normal. He said he had a high metabilism. Roman should have pushed for more than just a stupid muffin. "I'll be better. I promise." Roman whispered as he just sat there gentely runing his fingers through the youngers hair. "I'll be better at helping you."