3

Virgil frowned as he woke up to find these two men staring at him. Well, one was staring... the other was observing from the wall over by the door. He didn't so much as react. His frown only grew at the one with green in his hair beamed as started to eat from a jar, probably the jar he had given Janus the night prior, with his fingers.

"Remus, please... Why must you do that?" The one by the wall said as he shook his head. "My apologies if we startled you. It's just... we don't typically get... guests." Virgil carefully pushed himself up making Remus giggle.

"He's a cutie. I like him." Virgil scoffed as he watched the man practically devour the honey butter.

"Looks like you like my butter more." Remus's eyes shined as he nearly dropped the jar... keyword nearly. "Did the other guy even get any?"

"Who Jan? Nah..." Remus chuckled as he twirled back till he was leaning against the wall with his carbon copy. "He gave it to me the moment I woke up. Told us you were here... said you needed a bed."

"Yes. For the night." Virgil replies cautiously as he slowly pushed himself up. He grabbed his bag and started to go through it only to groan. He only had 2 and half jars left and about a loaf and a half of bread. "Crap..."

"What?" The one in red frowned as he pushed off the wall. Virgil just laughed as he shook his head. 

"Nothing. Just doing the math." He just as he looked up to see Remus towering over him from the bed. 

"Ooh, he has more butter, Roman!"

"Remus!" The other yelled as he glared the hyper one down. "Ignore him. He's a bit... sweet obsessed."

"Honestly same." Virgil chuckled as he closed his bag and pulled it over his arm. "It's why I make the butter to begin with." Remus's eyes lit up brightly as Roman frowned more taking in Virgil's stance. "Well, thank's for the bed but..."

"You... You aren't leaving... right?" Remus shot his brother a confused look as Roman narrowed his eyes. "The nearest town is 100 miles south." Virgil cringed as he quickly shook his head.

"Not south... I'm going... north. The entirely opposit direction." Roman's eyes darkened as his hands dropped to his sides.

"That's even worse. You'll be walking for two weeks before you hit the next village." Virgil just shrugged as he gripped his bag even tighter. 

"Well, I'd better start then huh?" 

"Romulus." Virgil froze up as he looked over to see the man stiff as a bored. Remus looked in complete shock as Roman just smiled awkwardly. "My name... Romulus Ember. Most just call me Roman though so it's ok."

"Roman..." Roman quickly cut his brother off as Remus shook his head in disbelief. 

"I couldn't possibly let you leave in good concious." Roman smiled as stuffed his hands into his pockets. Virgils eyes narrowed in confusion as he glanced between the two. Remus was clearly not happy about something. "You could get hurt."

"I'll be fine. Besides... I just needed a bed." Virgil smiled as he shrugged. "I don't exactly belong here. I could get into some serious trouble."

"I'll make you deal." Remus jumped in shock as Roman's brow quirked at the younger. "I'll let you stay here with us and help you around camp..."

"If?" Roman chuckled as he crossed his arms making Virgil's eyes narrow. "What's the catch?"

"You have to be my friend... and tell me your name." Virgil tensed feeling his anxiety rise up in him. "It's only fair. I mean I did give you mine."

"I didn't ask for it."

"No but I still gave it. Nothing's free." Virgil groaned as he raked a hand through his hair. "So? What do you say? Friendship and a name... and you stay here with a nice bed, food, and safety."

"I'm not just going to give my name up, Princey." Roman's eyes shined as Virgil smirked, before rolling his eyes. "Sorry it's just... Romulus sounds like a very... royal name. And you're far to young to be called king. So Princey..."

"It's fine. I liked it." Remus glanced between the two highly confused as Roman just smiled. "Regardless, I made an offer. Help for friendship and a name. It's up to you but It really wouldn't sit right to just watch you walk off. Plus... It's breakfast time. Are you really going to leave when you could have a proper meal?"

"I have bread and honey butter." Remus choked out a laugh as Virgil's smile grew. "I'm good, Princey. I'll figure something out." The truth was he really just didn't want to risk anything. It was bad enough sneaking in. If he stayed he had to play the part and come up with a cover story... not to mention his magic. He couldn't always control it. The last thing he needed was to have an episode and become everyones most hated. He just didn't want to go through that again. "Sorry. Just don't feel like sharing." Roman growled as tried to work through his thoughts. "If that's it then I guess I'll be leav-..."

"Honey butter." Remus quickly cut in noticing his brothers panic. Roman's eyes shot wide as Virgil stopped short, hand outstretched towards the door. "You stay, get food, a bed, all that good jazz my moron of a twin said in return you make us that honey butter. How about that? Is that a better deal."

"Remus, I can't eat..."

"Hush now Roman." Remus giggled as he held his hand out with a bright beaming grin. "Nothing else required. You just keep us stocked on that sweet spreed and we'll gladdly let you keep this bed."

"You two are odd." Virgil sighed as a small smile graced his lips. "It's better than nothing, I guess. I would have run out in a few days anyway." Virgil stared Roman down seeing how he smiled brightly the second he started talking. "So... Let me get this straight. I get to stay here in this cabin with you lot... and all I have to do is make honey butter for you?"

"And be my friend." Roman cut in making Remus laugh as Virgil groaned in annoyance.

"Fine whatever. Ill take it."

"YES!" Roman beamed as he jumped about giddily before stopping and just giggling. Remus facepalmed as he shook his head and Virgil just laughed over Roman's antics. "Guess that mean's you're my friend now. You can sit with me at breakfast."

"Yea... I guess." Virgil smiled softly as Roman took his hand and started for the door only to freeze up as Virgil slipped his hand from his quickly. "Virgil by the way." Roman's eyes widdened with a bright spark as Virgil smiled shyly. "Since you know... You have to call me something... I mean if I'm staying you kinda need it so... My name is Virgil. Virgil Blake."

"Well it's very nice to meet you, Virgil." Virigl relaxed a bit as Roman lulled his name softly. He'd only ever heard his mother say his name so nicely. Usually it was said with malice or anger... some sort of hate laced through each silible. Yet... Roman said it as if it were a song. A sweet melody he might actually enjoy hearing for once. 

"It was very nice meeting you to... Roman."