11

"Ok, what are you doing?" Virgil laughed as he watched Roman dump his bag out onto his bed. The other had this look on his face Virgil has learned to mean he was worried. "Roman..."

"You don't have any clothes." Virgil paused as Roman sifted through the stuff. It wasn't really an invasion of privacy. If Virgil had a problem with it, he would have told Roman not to. Besides he understood. Throughout the day Virgil has learned Roman was VERY protective of him. He didn't know if it was because they were simply friends or what... but Roman had taken to him instantly. Everyone could see it. Whatever the reason Virgil's come to accept that Roman has his protector. "You don't have anything. I wasn't even thinking. I should have thought about that first... damn it."

"Roman, it's fine."

"Virgil, you can't only wear the same thing over and over again. It's not healthy." Virgil faltered seeing that 'worried' look deepen in Roman's eyes. "I wasn't thinking about it before. I just... It dawned on me that you might not have everything you need... AND NOW... Now I find out you don't have anything!"

"I have butter..." Virgil gestured to the bed with a slight giggle only to frown as Roman crashed more. "... And... And bread. I have butter and bread... that's something... right?"

"Virgil, that's not enough. Butter and bread won't help you with this." Roman sat on the bed and sighed as he tried to work through his thought. "There is a way to get you what you need. Clothes and anything else... but it's going to take time... and a lot of convincing on my part."

"Ro, I don't..."

"But I can do it. Meaning you'll get what you need but... That won't help you now." Virgil just stopped. He figured there was no point in trying to fight him on this. Sure he doesn't know much about the guy but from what he does know and has seen... Roman wasn't going to drop it... and virgil wasn't going to win. "We can make things... Well, Patton can... but we don't have the material to be able to..."

"I can get that!" Virgil jumped as Remus yelled through the door. Roman glared over at his brother as Virgil tried to calm himself down.

"Did you have to scare him?" Remus frowned seeing the glare his brother was giving him and faltered a but.

"I'm fine, Ro..."

"No. He shouldn't have scared you-..."

"I am fine, Roman." Virgil reiterated as Remus's eyes darkened at the scene. Something was definitely going on with Roman and it was highly concerning. "And on that notion... I don't need your help. I can just talk with Eliena about what to do. Really... I don't need you to put yourself out there for me."

"Virgil, I can't... I..." Roman tensed as he quickly shot Remus a look that begged him for help. "I can't... I... uh..."

"It's no problem at all, Purp Man. Besides... I just have to get the material." Remus's eyes shined with a mischievous glint. "I could even do that tonight."

"Wait really?" Roman jumped up as Remus nodded. "That means we might just get an outfit for tomorrow after all."

"Guys, seriously... I am fine." Virgil stopped short seeing the sparkle in Roman's eyes and something tugged at Virgil's chest. "Why do you care so much?" Roman flinched as his eyes suddenly darted over to Virgil's. "I'm a stranger. A stranger you met this morning... I am not worth the hass-..." Virgil froze up, stiff as a board in complete shock, as Roman hugged him tightly. "R-Ro?"

"I'm sorry." Roman smiled as he hugged him tighter. "If my... affections and concern are making you uncomfortable, I'm sorry. I don't mean to be so... stuffy or stifling. I just..." Virgil's face fell to this serious look as Remus's met his gaze with a look of deep concern. "I can't help it. I can try to dial it back but... I'm not entirely sure if I can. Virgil, you're my friend. I care..." Remus's eyes flashed as Roman suddenly pulled away with a look of shock. "I care about you." Roman glanced back sharing this look with Remus who just nodded and walked out the door.

"Is it that surprising to care about your friends?" Roman frowned as he shook his head turning back to see the confusion in Virgil's eyes. 

"No. But Virgil... It is suprising for ME to be so... relaxed with you... with anyone." Roman laughed as he slowly let go of the other letting the two of them sit on the bed. "I'm typically closed off and reserved. Quiet... Or at least I was. I always but myself in the background leting everyone else move about without me. But... As soon as I saw you... It was like something... fliped? I don't know."

"You mean how you're very protective..."

"I mean about how open and relaxed I am. Virgil, I told you my name within the first few minutes of us actually meeting." Virgil's eyes widdened a bit as Roman gimanced with nerves. "I don't regret it. I can't regret it. But that's what conserning... since you're arrival my... personallity seemed to have shifted. I haven't been so relaxed in... in..." Roman's eyes flashed as he gasped feeling phantom pain shoot down his spine.

"ROMAN?!" Roman curled into himself as his body desprately tried to move what just wasn't there anymore. "Roman? Roman, what's wrong?"

"N-Nothing. Nothing is..." Roman groaned as the pain got worse. His thoughts were spiraling again for the second time that day and he was highly annoyed at himself. He glanced up to see Virgil crying and his heart actually lurched. "Hey... Hey don't... Don't cry. I'm fine. Really..."

"No your not. Talk to me. What's wrong? Is it the same thing that happened after breakfast?" Roman tensed, not wanting to say anything but... those icy blue eyes bore into him. He couldn't help the way he reacted. He reacted everytime their eyes met. His heart raced as his head spun a bit. Just like every other fae he's known, he hated eye contact but... With Virgil... it felt right. Like he could get lost in it... and it scared him. "Roman, I'm concerned about you."

"Don't be. I'm fine." Roman sighed as he forced himself to relax. He stared at the floor for a while as he tried to change his spiralling thought. As long as he stopped thinking about his nightingale the pain with end. "W-We... W-We have dinn-ner soon." Roman clenched his jaw as he refused to let the tears in his eyes fall. "We should... sh-should get going."

"Roman..."

"Please, Virgil." Virgil faltered as Roman smiled sadly at him. It was clear by the look in his eyes he was despreat for a topic change. "Please, just ignore it." Virgil gave a small nod before smiling back up at him.

"What was that about dinner?"