2

Virgil had lost track of time fairly quickly in his travels. He got disoriented fast. He didn't know how long he had been out. He knew it was several days at least. He was happy he had packed plenty of bread and honey butter. Of course, he can always make more honey butter with the right ingredients later on... bread was something he did not know how to make. Neither one was something he could do right at that moment either.

Virgil sighed as he leaned against a tree. He'd been walking since the sun was up, rarely taking any breaks just so he could try and get somewhere. He hadn't and it was already nightfall... again. He gripped his bag strap tightly as he forced himself to continue. If he could just find a nice place to rest then he would be all set...

"What?" Virgil froze, his eyes spotting a small little blue light dancing in the trees, drawing his attention right to it. "What in the world?" Virgil frowned as he slowly moved closer only for it to vanish. He paused spotting another further along. His mind was trying to latch onto it... he could remember these stories his mother would tell him when he was a child. Something called will of the whisps. He knew he shouldn't follow. Following them was never a good thing in the end. It was how the fairies lured you in but... He couldn't help his curiosity. This pull with every step drew him closer to each and everyone as he followed the whisps further along.

In the back of his mind, he kept telling himself to run away. To go in the opposite direction but... Something just felt... familiar about it. He walked along the path of light blue flames until they all vanished making Virgil jump in shock. He spun around trying to get a feel for where he was only to turn to ice the second he spotted a man standing there where seconds prior he had not been.

"Who are you? What are you doing here?" Virgil tensed his anxiety burning through him as he tried to back away. Their eyes bore into him making him tense. He was never good with people just staring at him. It made him highly uncomfortable. Especially eye contact at the very least... They took a step closer and Virgil stopped clean. "I asked you a question. Who are you?"

"I uh... I'm not looking for any trouble." Virgil whined slightly as he gripped his bag tight. "I was just looking for a place to rest." They're eyes narrowed as Virgil stepped back anxiously, praying he didn't trip and fall.

"A place to rest?" Virgil nodded as they looked him up and down. "I could help... if you wanted."

"I have nothing to give." Their eyes flashed slightly in shock not expecting that to be Virgil's response at all. Virgil wasn't stupid. Nothing comes for free. He's always been someone who gives and takes. Not that others felt the need to reciprocate. His village was adamant... at only taking... from him at least. "I'm afraid I can't pay you for helping."

"What is you have in your bag then?" Virgil frowned as he carefully pulled his bag off plopping it into the dirt. He rummaged through it and just sighed as he shrugged.

"Trinkets from home... not many. My bags manly filled with bread and jars of honey butter." Their eyes lit up as Virgil pulled a jar out and smiled. "That's all I have though."

"Give me a whole jar and I'll get you the best bed I could." Virgil was stunned. He gripped the jar tightly in his hand. "Some bread too and well call it a deal."

"I only need a safe dry place to sleep till morning. It doesn't need to be anything special." They were just staring at the jar their eyes wide in disire as Virgil chuckled a bit softly. He pulled out a small loaf of bread and broke it in half, wrapping it up in a cloth, before handing it and a jar over to the man, who took it with a happy squeal.

"Follow me." Virgil jumped up swinging his bag over his shoulder as he ran to keep up. They walked further into the woods making Virgil frown a bit in confusion until... His eyes shot wide. When in the hell did he find himself in a camp? Virgil's eyes were shining brightly with awe as he trailed behind the other. He had never seen a camp before. He was never outside of the village before. He knew about them. The kids around the village all spoke about there experiences and his mother was really good at teaching about things. However, seeing one in person was totally different.  The man led him up to this large cabin and he frowned seeing the ornate one above the door. It was a lot nicer looking than any of the other cabins. The man knocked on the door making Virgil tense up seeing the door open to reveal a very tired looking man about his age maybe. 

"Yes?" The one in the door hissed obviously not happy about being woken up any. His eyes darted to Virgil before faltering a tad and frowning. "What's going on? Who's he?"

"He needs a bed the night." The guy still staring at him hesitated a bit as Virgil smiled apologetically. "He gave me this to get him here." He gestured to the jar of honey butter before they both turned to Virgil.

"I-I have m-more. I mean... I uh..." Virgil clammed up as the new guy just sighed as rolled his eyes. 

"How many do you have?"

"Right now, about 3 and a half jars." The man smiled as he opened the door nodding to the other guy who walked off with a bit of a skip in his step. Virgil frowned anxiously as he walked in and just took everything in. It was really really nice. He had said he only needed a place to rest but the man wasn't kidding about finding him the best.

"Give me a jar and you can take the room last room on the left." Virgil nodded quickly getting the man a jar who took it with a smile and placed in on the kitchen counter as they passed. "Just don't wake the twin and your free to stay the night."

"Thank you." The man paused a bit sending him this look as Virgil started for the room.

"It's was a trade. There was no need to thank me." Virgil just smiled as he shook his head.

"Of course there was a need. I have a bed for the night when I didn't before. I know I love honey butter but it's butter. You didn't have to help." Their eyes darkened as Virgil sighed happily. "So thank you..."

"Janus." Virgil's eyes shot wide as the man smiled with a short nod. "My name is Janus."

"Oh... Well ok then. Goodnight, Janus."