5

"So... Virg...il?" Logan stumbled slightly over his words as Virgil glanced up at him in confusion. "As we can all agree that you are not from here... might I ask where it is that you originate from? So that I may have this knowledge... for future reference should I need it." Virgil paled as he shot Roman a desperate look but the other just smiled reassuringly.

"It's alright, Virgil. These two are friends of mine as well."

"But..." Virgil tensed as he looked between the table. Roman's eyes narrowed a bit as Virgil obviously fidgeted with nerves. 

"They won't do anything. Not after I told them you're with me. Correct?" Patton nodded enthusiastically as Logan just sighed.

"As much as i disapprove, Roman is correct. Him stating that you are his friend gives you a bit of... immunity so to speak. At least with some of us throughout the camp. I apologize if I am causing distress. It's just I really don't care for pleasantries and quite frankly I loath not having all the information needed." Roman gave a short laugh as he shook his head.

"You're such a nerd, dude. Lighten up a bit." Roman teased as he started on his egg and sausage. Virgil frowned as he watched Roman eat. Neither Logan nor Patton had any meat on their trays. In fact, Patton had this... porridge type thing that he practically drowned in honey. Virgil would have been lying if he said he didn't imagine have it himself. Logan had oatmeal with berries... a lot of sweet fruit, which Virgil could also approve of. Roman had a pretty basic breakfast. Eggs, sausage, fruit... Virgil stared down at his own plate and smile slimly at the potatoes and sausage he had. Well, he did tell him he ate meat. He should have specified he didn't like to.

"Are you ok, Virgil?" Virgil's head jerked up in surprise as he noticed Roman staring at his plate, a look of worry in his eyes. Virgil had subconsciously nudged the sausage away from everything else as he'd eaten and Roman had noticed. "You said you ate meat right?" Patton's eyes widened a bit as he looked over with a curious glint in his eyes.

"Yeah. I have eaten it before." Again, because he had to. His father was adamant that he ate what was given. At this point, It was ingrained in him to eat it just to blend in. It not like he couldn't eat it. He didn't get sick or anything from it. He just... didn't like the idea of eating it, if he didn't have to. However, one thing that always bothered him more that anything was wasting. If it was on his plate, he was going to eat it. "I'm sorry," Virgil muttered softly as he smiled a bit. "I hadn't realized I had done that." He went to eat his sausage when Roman stopped him, his hand on his before he could even lift his fork off the plate. 

"Virgil, if you don't want to eat it, you don't have to."

"Of course not, Kiddo." Patton beamed as he tried to back Roman up, who had a serious look of concern in his eyes. "Not everyone here eats meat. Logan and I don't. In fact, many of us don't."

"It's fine." Virgil gently pulled his hand away as he shook his head. It was just a bit of sausage. It's not like he hadn't had worse before. 

"Virgil." Virgil jumped at Roman's tone as their eyes met again. This time he didn't squirm. For some reason,' Roman's gaze didn't affect him. Well... It didn't affect him. Roman seemed to tense a bit but kept his serious expression. "Do not eat it, if you do not want to. Next time I will refrain from choosing it again should you ever ask it of me."

"Princey, I appreciate it but..." Virgil's eyes darkened as he went to eat the sausage making Roman frown. "I'm not wasting foo-..." Roman was quick to put the sausage on his plate leaving the potatoes untouched. Virgil just froze, eyes narrowed in confusion as Roman pulled the fork from his hand taking the sausage piece Virgil hadn't eaten yet but was going to.

"There." Roman beamed as Virgil relaxed a bit but still looked confused. "Now you're not wasting anything."

"You... You didn't have..." Virgil sighed as he smiled a bit and just rolled his eyes. He turned back to his food noticeably more relaxed as he ate and laughed. "Thank you, Princey."

"No, problem, Virgil." Roman seemed to daze out a bit just watched as Virgil ate noticing the smile that grazed his lips from the small cup of pudding. "It's no problem at all." Patton and Logan both shared a look as they observed their friend. Roman seemed to be focused solely on Virgil. And as much as Patton was happy over the idea of a new friend, the two of them were highly concerned. Roman could not let himself get distracted so much over a hum... another person. It was hard enough getting the permission he needed to get this camp to how it was now, with the promise that he would protect his kin-... people. Plus Roman has always been very... guarded. If he's so taken already then something was going on. They had no idea who this Virgil was and they were starting to worry for their pri... friend.

"Virgil, might I once again inquire as to your origins?" Virgil tensed as he finally set his fork down having finished his food and not exactly happy about the return of the topic. 

"Lo..." Roman clamed up seeing the fear that sparted in Logan's eyes. As much as he wanted to shut the questioning down for Virgil's sake, he couldn't just ignore his friends worries to do so. Instead he simply met with Virgil gaze again and smiled. "Only anwser what you're willing to ok?" VIrgil nodded as he turned back to the other two and smiled. 

"Aeiser." All three seemed to be taken back by the answer as Virgil curled up a bit. "I'm from Aeiser."

"How is it you found yourself to be here then?" Logan muttered half to himself as he frowned. 

"Aeiser is over 100 miles south of here, Virgil. Was that why you didn't want to go that way?" Roman quickly cut in as Virgil just nodded.

"How long did it take you to get here, Kiddo? Isn't someone going to miss you?" Patton asked as Logan's frown only grew.

"Surely someone should have noticed his absence. He must have traveled by carriage but even with a large group the chances he slipped passed without ditection is highly improbable." Virgil cleared his through a bit making them all jerk up to look at him with equal looks of worry.

"There was no cariage... and it was just me. I walked here." Their eyes filled with horror as Virgil laughed a bit. "I got a bit disorented and followed these blue lights..."

"Will of the whisps." Roman asked quietly to his friends thinking Virgil hadn't noticed... he had. "Why in the world..."

"Anyway, this guy asked me why I was there and I gave him some honey butter. He introduced me to Janus who also asked for butter and... now I'm here." Virgil just shrugged as Roman's eyes darkened.

"Virgil, you were planning on just leaving. How long had you been out there?"

"I don't know. I lost track of the days around the third night." Roman cringed a bit as he glanced over to see the tears in Patton's eyes. He aways was a very caring and emotional one. He took it upon himself to help the hurt, weak, and small. Even Logan looked highly concerned. "I would have been fine, but you insisted that I stay. I just... I just don't want to get anyone in trouble because of it."

"You won't, Virgil." Roman sighed as he smiled softly hoping to ease all of his friends nerves a bit. "As long as your with me you'll be ok." Virgil nodded slightly which made Roman's smile just a tad bit more real. "Now... After breakfast I have to take you to the nurse to get things situated but don't worry. She'll be ok with it."

"If you say so Roman." Roman nodded as he turned back to eating only to pause. 

"Oh and Virgil?" Virgil frowned a bit hearing the serious tone in Roman's voice. "If you ever need me or... If you're in trouble or just need help... Doesn't matter what the reason or what happened... Just say my name ok?" This got both the others attentions who shot the prin... other a look of confusion. "Just say my name and I'll hear it. I promise. Whereever you are what ever's happened, say my name and I'll help you."

"Roman?" Virgil chuckled a bit as he teased only to frown noticing just how serious Roman really was about it. 

"No, Virgil. My true name..." The complete shock in Patton and Logan took Virgil by surprise as Roman's eyes darkened. "I already told you it. You say my true name and I'll come. Promise me you will?" 

"Ok, Ro... I promise."