21- Unexpected guests

Start from the beginning

"Ah overslept!" I muttered looking at my phone which was ringing.

Nouman, the name showed on the caller's ID. My nervous meter shot up. I looked around trying to ditch the call. It didn't quiet down.

I am his fiancé, I must talk, kab tak ignore Karo gee, I thought remembering that in the afternoon I also missed his call, and with that I took a breath and received it.

"H-hello" I stammered.

"Ummm, hi" he said and then we both went quiet creating the most awkward situation ever.

"H-How are you doing?" I broke the awkward silence.

"I am fine. You.. You tell?" he also sounded nervous like me.

"Me as always" I said biting my lip thinking about what to talk next.

"So... Umm... How are your ummm... Studies going?" he once again stammered, and I sighed.

"Nouman, what we are trying to do?" I said, "why are we being so formal? Phely bhe tu bat krtay thay".

"I don't know it's... It's... "

"It's strange?" I completed his sentence and smiled slightly.

"Yeah" he relied shortly, "Kanza can we meet?", he added after the pause.

"Yes, we can" I replied smiling.

"Okay then tomorrow in the evening" he said, and I could sense him smiling widely.

"Where?" I asked, and he chuckled.

"I'll come and pick you" he said, and I couldn't help the smile which secretly crept up to my lips.

"Okay bye" I said, and he replied, "bye take care".

I sighed deeply and smiled at his cuteness. It was almost time for Magrib, so I prayed it and made a long dua asking ALLAH for his help in my upcoming life experiences. Soon I was back on my study table and continued studying.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was solving the exercise at the end of the chapter when the ball rang. I furrowed looking at my watch. Who could be there at this time? I thought making my way down the stairs. I opened the door only to see them.

"Hey" they said in unison.

"Hello" I replied forcing out a smile. I don't know why but I was feeling uncomfortable.

"Kesi ho?" Waqas asked entering followed by Hussain and Atif.

"Fit fat... Ummm.... you guys tell" I said, and they smiled warmly in return.

"Hum tu wasay he hain" Hussain said sitting on the leather couch in the living area.

"Well you'll be wondering hum yahan? Aaj? Kesay?" Atif said dramatically and I flushed with embarrassment. Maybe it is so obvious on my face.

"Nahe mainy asa tu nahe kaha" I said looking down.

"Oh, I meant kay hum achankh asay he aa gaey, no call, nothing, woh iss liay because we thought that you are avioding us" Atif said and I looked at him confused.

"Kia matlab?" I asked.

"Matlab you never told us kay Nouman aur tumharay bheech main kuch tha" Waqas said making a face and I looked down.

What should I tell them? Yehi kay Mujay khud bhe nahe pata tha, yeh kay main expect he kisi aur ko kr rahe the...

"Ummm... Bus sab kuch bohat jaldi hoa kay batanay Ka time he nahe mila" I lied going red again.