41- Ambivalent

^1 week later^

'Nouman's POV'

I was driving through the busy road of the NYC which lead to her house. My mind was again an again rushing back to her face when I went to meet her in the hospital.

Kanza main asa bilkul nahe bana chahta tha lakin tum nay bana dia? Kiun? Sirf pyaar krni ki yeh saza? Kia maga tha tum say mainy... Thora pyaar aur care, lakin tum nay Mujay uss say bhe ziyada dia... Woh dia jo mainy soocha bhe nahe tha.. I thought with my eyes getting moistened.

Shahid mainy he jaldi ki, shahid tumhari khamoshi ko apni jeet samjhta raha.. Tum nay khabi 'I love you' bhe nahe kaha jiss ko main tasarta raha... lakin mainy force nahe kia kay tum ajdust ho jao, magar tum tu kahin aur he adjust ho gaey the, I clutched the wheel so tightly that my knuckles hurt.

I love someone else..

My blood just boils whenever your voiced in echoed in my head. I so wanted to go and kill the man who stole you away from me..Lakin Kio bat nahe... Shadi is due in few hours and I'll make sure that you stay with me aur woh bhe khush!

I jammed my foot on the brakes and stopped the car with a loud screech. I laid my head on the wheel and shut my eyes.

How? how should I prove my love to you, I know that little trust you had on me is not even near to you after what I did. Lakin tum mera yakeen karo yeh na karo shadi tu honi hay humhari, I pulled and clenched my jaws.

Starting the car again I sped towards her house. It was a beautiful morning. Suddenly my mind went back to those days whenever I was with Kanza. Involuntary sad smile cane to my lips.

Kese tum meray sath khush raho gee? Kese sukoon say raho gee? Am hating myself for what I did... Lakin jitna marzi guilt ho mujh main peechay main bhe nahe hatoon gaa.

I stopped in her driveway and took in a deep breathe.

No more depressions, no more fights. Talk to her softly that way you used to do, I told myself and got out of the car.

Pressing the button I stood outside the door and those scenes flashed into my mind.

Nouman I love someone else...

Ighar han nahe ki tu asa hal karoon ga kay kisi aur kay bhe Kabila nahe raho gee...

Dafa ho jaoo..

I love someone else...

I shut my eyes and took in a deep breathe. Suddenly the door opened to reveal Hafsa.

Oh damn! I forgot aaj tu yeh aur iss ki family bhe yahin ho gee!

"Oh hi Nouman" she stated and I forced out a smile. Something was changed in her tone.

"Hey Hafsa".

"Please come... Come in" she moved aside and I stepped in.

"Where is Kanza?" I asked not wasting a minute.

"Who is it beta?" suddenly Hafsa's mom came out of a room and I forced out a smile looking at her.

"Oh Nouman beta aoo" she smiled back, "lagta hay intezar nahe ho raha tha ap say hmm?" she teased and I smiled in return.

"Nahe aunty bus kuch kam tha" I said and she nodded.

"Han han ap mil loo, jab tak main kuch refreshments lati hoon".

I nodded and looked at Hafsa who was standing beside her mother.

"Umm, she... She is in her room" she said nervously and I nodded before walking up the stairs towards her room.