30- HeartBeats

"Kanza hurry up, they'll be here any miunte" I banged on the door for like 10th time. Here I was waiting for mehrani to come out of the bathroom and then To help her get ready. Nouman with his family was supposed to come here for further rituals.

"Aur yeh larkay bhe kahan reh gaey hain?" I asked myself frustrated sitting on her bed.
I asked them to bring some sweets as I was supposed to be the one leading this ceremony. My parents were also supposed to come but they aren't here yet. I threw my head in my hands.

"Take it easy, take is easy" I calmed myself.

"Oh thank god" I said when finally Kanza walked of the bathroom. She was wearing red shirt which had dim golden sleeves with golden embroidery on it and golden dupatta with embroidery on the boarders.

"Am ready let's go" she said and eyes pooped out of their sockets.

"Are you kidding me?" I said and she looked at me confused.

"Kia?" She asked and faceplamed myself. Yeh Larki na.

I made her sit on the stool in front of the dressing table and applied a golden shade on her eyes with a thin eyeliner, for the lips I used shiny gloss. I then forcefully made her wear marching earrings and red bangles.

"Nahe let them be like this" she said when I tried to tied her hair in a style.

"Okay, now you look simple, decent and perfect" I said placing my chin on her shoulder and she smiled which unfortunately didn't reach her eyes.

"Kanza let it out" I said and on the cue her eyes turned glassy.

"I wish aaj m-mama hoti tu Mujay kitna s-sukoon hota" she said in a breaking voice.

"Kanza woh abhe bhe uthna he kuch ho gee tumhain dakh kr, she'll be happy to see you moving on" I told her and she faced me.

"I know, but I really miss her yeh kam un kay thay and you and your mom are doing this for me, I can never forget this favour of yours... Your mom is like my second mom and your dad as my second father and you of course as my sister" she smiled through her tears. Few tears now escaped my eyes too.

"Mom bhe kehti ho aur sharminda bhe kr rahe ho" someone said and my head snapped in its direction to find mom standing there.

"Aunty..." Kanza stood up and hugged her tightly silently sobbing on her shoulder.
I noticed mom's eyes getting moistened too.
Yeah my mom always thought of Kanza as her second daughter lakin Kanza always thought we are doing this just as a favour... We doing this under sympathy.

"Ssh ssh itna rotary nahe hain" mom tired to clam her down but today she wasn't in her control. I can feel her pain. On her one of the most important days her family is not with her.

"Hafsa get a glass of water" mom pulled me out of the my chain of thoughts.

I bought a glass of water and Kanza gulped it down as if she had not drink since ages. mama wiped her cheeks and smiled.

"Mujay pata hay you'll be missing your mom but think about her happiness right now, how proud she will of you that you alone reached at this place" mom said and Kanza looked down, "aur mom hay na tumhari, tum nay khud he tu kaha phir kis cheez ki tension hay".

"Aunty meri waja say ap logo ko bohat problem hoe hay, lakin main yeh ahsaan khabi nahe bholon gee" she said and mom slightly slapped her face.

"Phir tum nay wohi bat ki, Hafsa meri Bari beti hay aur tum choti, iss liay nahe kay tum meri beti ki dost ho balkay tumhari ami meri bohat ache dost the" she said and I smiled.

"Thankyou aunty" she said and mom again eyed her, "acha sorry sorry" Kanza added hurriedly.

"Bus tum jo yeh aunty kehti ho na iss say bohat ajeeb lagta hay" mom said and Kanza smiled.