36- Disaster..

'Hafsa's POV'

I was doing my assignment when my phone rang. I frowned and looked at the table clock which shows 2:00 am. Who could be at this time? It was an unknown number.

"Hello!" I said. My heart hammering.

"Hi, Is this Miss Hafsa?" The voice asked at the other end.

"Yeah, w-who is this?" I stammered.

"Can you please come over at Kanza's house there is an emergency" he said and I jumped on my feet.

"Are you Mr. Danial?" I asked remembering Kanza telling me that she gave my number to one of her neighbour just in case.

"Is everything alright? Is Kanza okay? What happened?" I asked him and he just told me to get there.

Mom and dad were sleeping so getting in my hoody and boots I ran out of my house grabbing my car keys.

Ya Allah! Keep everything fine! Keep Kanza save? Kia hoa ho gaa? Kesay? Aur iss time? Wasn't she with others? I mean she was at wedding with the guys and Nouman?

My mind keep imaging horrible things. My house wasn't that far from hers but this journey was the longest one. My heart beat was increasing with each passing second. I turned in her neighbourhood. My eyes popped out when I saw an ambulance in front of her house. I don't how I managed to stop my car and run towards her house. When I reached there Kanza was on the stretcher and she looked terrible.

"Hey! What happened?" I asked one of the man who was carrying stretcher.

"She had an accident" he gave me the world lamest answer.

"I know but what actually happened" I asked him but this he time ignored me.

I stood there while they put the stretcher in the van.

"Okay tell me which hospital you are going?" I asked and he replied, "City Hospital".

They started the car and went away leaving me there in deep tension. I got in my car and started behind the ambulance.

What happened? She looked terrible? Did she had a fight? But she was injured... Did someone hit her?

I was just driving the car but my mind was displaying horrible images. Soon I reached hospital and ran inside to the emergency ward. They were taking Kanza in there. I noticed that she had a deep cut on her forehead and a little one on the corner of her lip. From her face it looked she had cried a lot.

"You have to stay here please" a nurse called out to me. And I stopped at the entrance.

Tears were now falling which I had captured from the beginning.

I sat on the benches and waited. Should I inform Shehry? I thought and then pulled out my phone and called him. He picked after 3 rings.

"H-hello Shehry" I stammered.

"Yes... who is it?" He asked in sleepy tone.

"Shehry am Hafsa" I said.

"Han Hafsa bolo" he said still not recovering from his sleep.

"Shehry Kanza..." I trailed off and a sob left my lips.

"What Kanza? Is she okay? Kia hoa Hafsa why are you crying?" Suddenly he seemed to be wide awake.

"Shehry Kanza is... C-can you come to city hospital?" I asked not able to tell him more.

"City hospital? Okay okay am coming" he said and disconnected.