Chapter sixteen

Lizelle

Aunt Myrele sat on my bed looking at me, at the same time waiting for me to say something. I really have no idea what to say, infact I wasn't even expecting to see her. I thought I was going to prepare a speech and write it down in a note, what I was going to say, in order to avoid mistakes.

When she noticed that I wasn't talking, instead I was busy thinking, she tapped my shoulder gently.

"What's wrong dear? I thought you were going to have a loads of questions to ask. I didn't know you were the quiet type," She said, confessing what she felt.

I looked at her and grinned. "I am just a bit shocked. I wasn't expecting to see you of all people." I revealed my actual feelings.

She shook her head and frowned. I wonder why she frowned, I didn't say anything bad did I? I don't want to upset my mate's mother and the former Luna.

"Listen to me. My intentions are good. I will never wish bad for my own son, I just want you to be closer to each other." I wasn't expecting her to say that, honestly.

She stood up and walked to the door. I thought she said we had all night to talk then why is she leaving. No matter what, I have to make sure I am on her good side. 

As she was about to leave, she turned back and smiled. "Just know that I am trying to prevent history from repeating itself and nothing more," She said, closing the door after her.

Well that was bad.

Laying back on my bed, I didn't do anything except to think about what she just said. What history was she preventing from repeating itself? What happened with her and her mate that she is preventing it from happening to Nathan and me.

There are two main things on my list, more or like schedule. First, I have to get the book back from the library, I only hope it's still there. Second, visit my mum and ask her about the whole Growvern generation issue.

But, how far is mum's cabin from our new cabin and Evelyn's cottage? It really shouldn't be that far because I don't want to be with Nathan always, it's gonna drive me crazy for sure.

Worriedly, I turned to the empty space on the spacious bed beside me. Why is Nathan not here yet? Is he not coming to sleep in his room because I am in the room.

My eyes landed on the suitcases that was placed in front of the wardrobe by Amelia. From tomorrow on, I will be living alone with Nathan. I will be sleeping alone with him in one house.

This is why I should never have impressed Dr Morris so much. If I hadn't, he wouldn't have allowed me to go for the leave. He would have just assumed that I was trying to avoid work and refuse to let me go.

But no, he trusted that I will come back and wasn't trying to avoid work. So he allowed me to go on the condition that I will be back in two weeks which clearly isn't going to happen.

The door opened and Nathan walked in looking tired. He hasn't slept well in  days and I am starting to get worried. He looked ten times worse than the way he did the day I woke up and found myself in a hospital.

He sat on the couch, removing his boots. "If you want some help, all you have to do is to ask. You know that right?" He raised his head to look at me. He should have expected me to say that. I am his mate afterall.

"I know I don't need any help from you, so you can keep it to yourself." His strong husky voice sounded even more deep when he is angry.

I rolled my eyes, of course he would say that. "Lunas are meant to help the Alphas with taking care of the pack. But with the way you are acting, they are going to think we are lying about being mates."

He growled not liking the way I spoke to him. Someone doesn't like negotiation. "You can start tomorrow if you so badly want to help. But don't you dare, I repeat, don't you dare go near my office." He warned me, getting antsy.

Glaring at him, I hissed loudly making sure that he heard it. He is here treating me like I am his worker when I am in reality his actual mate. Who even talks to their mate like that.

I turned back and lay back down, getting ready to sleep. "Don't worry, you won't find anything to complain about. I promise. I felt some movements beside me on the same bed and smiled, only to get disappointed when I turned and found him laying down on the sofa with a white duvet covering his whole body.

How on earth is he ignoring the mate bond when I can hardly do it. He is an Alpha so his urges should be ten times worse than a normal wolf.

Maybe if I seduce him, he will agree. Because a man can hardly focus when he is being seduced.

"You are not seducing our mate to mate with us," Iylene said, annoyingly.

"Yes I will. He is literally ignoring the mate bond. If he continues like this, we might never mate. Is that what you want?" I asked. If she is trying emotional blackmail on me then it ain't working.

"If you do that. He is never going to love or respect us,"

"Fine!"

The next few minutes was going at a slow pace. I am feeling so sleepy but I just can't close my eyes. The saying 'let loose and relax' doesn't want to work on me.

I couldn't help but think about Noah. Why did he come to my Luna ceremony? What was his major aim? I will talk to mum about it tomorrow. That will be the third thing on my list.

My eyes start to drop moments later, as I continued to think. I close my eyes as the pair of nagging blue eyes kept appearing at the back my head. I brushed it away.

It must have been just an illusion. I can't possibly be thinking about him today or ever. He is gone. With that, I let the darkness succumb me.

              **********************
The next morning, I woke up to the sound of running water, obviously from the shower. Who is in the shower early this morning? Wait, Nathan.

I jerk up and looked around the room, looking for anything out of the place. I am in Nathan's room now, it suddenly crossed my mind. I took my phone from the bedside table and looked at the time.

It was just 6:00 in the morning and Nathan is already up. Is that how he works. Waking up early in the morning and coming back late at night.

He came out of the bathroom sparkling neat in only towel hanging dangerously low at the waistline. I quickly covered my face with the blanket.

Lifting the blanket ever so little down my face, I start to ogle at his gorgeous body secretly. His glorious six packs stood out for my leering eyes. His vivid tone tanned skin shone under the peering sun.

When I noticed that he was about to drop the towel, I covered my innocent eyes with the blanket. I am not ready to see that thing yet, although I am going to, just not now.

I heard him open the door and then shut it back. Taking that as my sign to get up from bed. I went straight to the shower and showered making sure to wash my hair thoroughly.

Getting out after showering for thirty minutes, basically just standing under the shower scrubbing and washing. I walked to the cupboard and brought out my outfit for today. The one Amelia left for me.

A black leather pants, white T-shirt with a Dollar sign on it, a pair of black knee boots because the weather is getting cold. And a fluffy fur blue jacket.

Wearing my cobalt blue stud earrings, I applied a little make up and arranged my hair in a single French plait.

I snuggled into my jacket more and headed for the library. The ancient book awaits me.

                ****************
Heyya Amigos.

This chapter is more of a filler and a chapter.
But on a totally unrelated note, I just opened my instagram account for any lovers to follow me, I technically don't mind😁
This chapter is dedicated to my lovely sister. Love ya so much dear.
     Thanks for all the votes, comments and follows. Really appreciated........

   Until next time.