Chapter twenty

Dedicated to an amazing cutie, @shamsymtallib

Lizelle

You know for a person that learnt that she is a three creatured person and also mated to a very stubborn Alpha within the period of two months, I have learnt to adapt to bad news, shocking news and unexpected news.

So Noah's big time arrival didn't really catch me off guard. I knew the bastard was going to show up sometime soon because I invited him.

When he received my invitation, which I did by stealing his number from my phone and then calling him up, the second day I overheard his conversation with my mum.

His presence isn't here to stay. It's here to compromise and leave. He cannot just come and leave on the count that we two dated before. It's in the past now and so he should buckle up his shoes and get the hell outta my life.

My mum tapped me on a note of countless times before I jolt back to reality. "What are we going to do about him, Lizzy?" My mum asked, pure terror in her eyes. The first time I will see fear in her eyes after the death of my dad.

Noah has turned my mum into something else.

I shook my head at her. "No mum. I am going to deal with that coward. Don't worry yourself over him." I said,  speaking half the truth.

The actual truth is that Noah is more dangerous than anyone I have ever met in my entire life. He practically screams danger all over his body. Having this dark aura I only noticed after our break up.

Noah and I decided, no, I decided to end things with him because I witnessed him figuratively snapped his mate's neck. There is no way in hell I am gonna continue dating a psychopathic murderer.

When I stupidly confronted him about it, he shrugged it off, like fucking shrugged it off, saying he had always expected us to be mates which by the way is a foolish reason to end someone's life.

So I practically ran away from Nevada to California in order to never see him again. But I have no idea who the little birdie is that told him that I ran back to California.

But boy am I glad that he didn't follow me back to California although I have no idea why. So why is he back if he had no interest in coming to California while I was still there, alone.

The bon fire in front of me blazed even more higher and hotter than its supposed to. When I looked closely at the fire, I noticed something. The flame would rise every two seconds and then die down a bit.

Every single one else was focusing on either their conversation, mates, pups or families. I looked to my side and saw Gwen with Stefan, one of the major pack warrior talking. I have a feeling they are going to be something.

But the question is who is causing the flame to spike up every now and then. I looked around and spotted a guy in a black hoodie covering his head giving him a mysterious look.

He would turn around and look at his sides before making the flames rise. It was then that I confirmed that he is the one.

His head snapped back to my side and stayed a little longer. When he noticed my stare on him, he quickly turned around and ran. I looked around for Nathan, not wanting to follow him alone but he was not anywhere in sight.

Forgetting about Nathan, I hurriedly ran after the mysterious guy. He is very fast and I am starting to think that I should start training in my human form too.

He took a left leading to the pack hospital. For him to know where to turn to, when to turn to really is surprising. It's like he knows his way around the pack.