Chapter twenty-two

Dedicated to a Savage queen, @misstymerh

Lizelle

Nathan and I came down from one of his most expensive cars which I must say exhibit a fine taste of color. The car looks new but rusty. Like its rarely been used. I was reminded of Shoane, my old rusty mini van back at home. I had parked it at my neighbors house for safe keeping until I return.

Which I am not sure of anymore.

Right now, we are facing hill that was really deep. It had extravagant weeds around somehow beautifying the whole area. The hill looks so peaceful and serene, lights embedded each and every single corner.

I looked to my side and saw Nathan grinning like a child who was just given a big bowl filled with candy. It looks like he was remembering something beautiful. Which expectantly made me curious.

I released my hand from his, causing him to snap his head to me. He growled before taking my hand in his again. Guess we are staying like this for a while.

"What is this place Nathan?" I asked, looking over the hill again.

He smiled. Like he really smiled. I saw every bit of it. The way his face gradually moved and his lips tucked up, creating a gorgeous smile. He should smile more often. I wanted to say that but then I remembered that I am suppose to be mad at him.

"Before my dad died, he would bring me here after we've just gotten into a fight. I will stare at him and then wonder why he is being calm and collected. But he will say that Alpha's do not get angry unnecessarily.

"We would shift after I apologize and then sit and enjoy the view of the hill. When he died, I figured this place was the best memory that I have of him. So I usually come here whenever I am angry or nervous." He smiled, pulling me to sit on an oval shaped rock.

"Okay, so why did you bring me here?" I asked, not getting the reason behind his revelation.

He sighed, staring at the hill once more. "What happened today wasn't supposed to. It was a mistake which I am hoping to correct and fix." He said, referring to what happened in his office earlier.

I groaned annoyingly. I knew this whole thing had something to do with Melissa. She just doesn't want to leave me and my mate alone. I mean it's not my fault witches don't have mates. Or do they?

"So what are you insinuating? That what I saw happened in your office isn't the truth?" I asked, silently wishing it's wasn't the truth.

Nathan shook his head in disapproval, turning his head which led to me looking directly into his eyes. Those pair of orbs are damn hypnotic.

"In as much as this whole thing was caused by me, that charade isn't the truth. Melissa and I once had a thing. Back when my mind was clouded with hatred for mates.

"She took advantage of that fact and got close to me. We use to be bestfriends because her mum and mine were best friends. One thing lead to another and then I found myself on the same bed with her one morning.

"At first I thought I got drunk or was drugged but Melissa told me it was me in my right senses. I believed her and we started dating. Then one night, I finished pack duties earlier and went to Melissa's house to surprise her.

"She surprised me instead. She was wrapped around a man. He was a guard actually. I broke things off with her but we made a truce to still be friends because of the relationship we are supposed to share in future. Me the Alpha and she the pack witch. It will be weird if we keep malice.

"She was comforting me earlier because I was nervous. She mentioned that the stunt that took place while we were at the battlefield the other day wasn't her doing and that shocked me so I guess she took advantage of that." He confessed everything without me interrupting him.