Chapter twenty-one

Dedicated to my sweet cousin, fareedah..

Nathaniel

Today was a boring day as I kept on thinking about what happened. What I had done. And then I realized what did. I had thrown away the best and most precious gift I could have ever been given by the moon goddess.

I looked to my right and saw Elle sleeping peacefully on the bed. She looked so care free in her sleep, almost as if she didn't have anything to worry about. Anything, being me.

The first ever time that my mum would raise her hand to me had to be in front of my mate. My mum and I dont exactly share a close relationship. She was closer to Natalya and I was closer to my dad, who unfortunately is late.

His death is something I still blame myself for, although my mum still claimed it was an accident. It's a wound I am not ready to open yet and also a wound I haven't healed from since.

Naturally, in this pack, the Alpha's son is supposed to take over the pack at eighteen when he finds his mate. But if the Alpha's son doesn't find his mate, he is not allowed to take over as the new Alpha.

When I crossed eighteen and still hadn't found my mate, my dad had to seek advice from the elders. The elders are seven in number. Just like the witches have the Great Witches of the West.

The elders make some certain decisions for the pack's welfare. So when my dad went to them, they blatantly ignored him and told him that the traditional were meant to followed and no exceptions.

I ignored those heart piercing thoughts as I got up from the sofa. Ever since we started sharing this room, which was three days ago, I have been sleeping on the sofa while she sleeps on the bed.

As soon as my legs hit the floor, I saw her stir up in her sleep, turning ever so slightly towards the right. Elle refused to talk to me the way we use to before. Even though we aren't that close and we still don't talk freely before, it's still better than a half silent treatment.

I went to my wardrobe and chose a pair of black jeans, blue long sleeve shirt and black vans. Picking up my black beanie and black coat, I walked out of the room with Elle snoring lightly.

Breakfast would have been set if mum was still here but she wasn't. She left yesterday afternoon still not talking to me because of the incident that happened with me touching my mate in an appropriate manner.

I know, I know. And I hate myself for what I did. But I was angry and wasn't thinking straight. The moon goddess gave me the most special thing I could ever get in this world but I chose to neglect it.

It's time I make the right decision.

The immediate moment I stepped a foot in my office I knew something was off. With my heightened senses, I still couldn't figure it out. When I entered fully, I saw her. Sitting on my chair was none other than Melissa.

I must say I was very impressed with what she did at the war the other day. She really helped us while we at war and I would love for her to come with us whenever there is a battle or war.

Putting on my Alpha look and activating my Alpha mode, I glared at her. "What are you doing in my office?" I asked quietly, not in the mood for her negative side.

"There is a problem at hand, Nate." She said worriedly.

This is the first time I would be seeing Melissa worried about something. And if she is really this worried then the problem has got to be gruesome.

"What is it?" I asked, wondering what it could be.

She tensed up before answering. As much as I wanted to say encouraging words, I knew I couldn't do that. She cheated and has to bear the consequences.

"The other day, during the pack battle. That stunt that took place......." she paused. "Wasn't me."

What she said didn't faze at all until I registered what she said. If she didn't pull the stunt, then who did? Does that mean I have another witch in this pack?

"You didn't do it? Then who did? You should know who did it right?" I asked, clearly not knowing what to say.

Melissa walked to me and held my shoulders lovingly. She stood in front of me and stared at me deeply. This single touch and affection brought back alot of unwanted memories.

Why did she had cheat?

"Relax, we are going to figure this out. Along side your good for nothing Luna." She said, rolling her eyes.

On a normal day, I would have brushed off what she said but I couldn't. Deep down, I knew Mellisa was wrong. Hella wrong. Elle isn't a good for nothing Luna. She is hardworking and kind.

I can't believe I said that.

I felt like I needed to defend her. I needed to defend my mate. "She isn't good for nothing Melissa," I growled out that part.

"She is trying her best to fit in. She isn't used to all of these responsibilities and most certainly isn't the insane type but she is trying her best to figure it all out." I spoke, feeling proud that I figured everything out.

What I said was the complete truth because I have noticed how hard she works these days. She helps in the kitchen, orphanage, pack house and most especially the pack hospital.

She is a nurse afterall. My wolf Leo purred softly.

Observing that Melissa's hands were still on my shoulder, I made an attempt to remove it. Just as I was about to grab her hand, the door was opened and Elle walked in.

She took in the position that Melissa and I were in and took a step back.

"I just wanted to show you the list of the pregnant women but you are obviously busy so I will just keep the list here and come back later." She said, leaving the room.

I didn't miss the look of hurt, pain and anguish in her teary eyes as she left the room. Fuck! I messed up again. Removing Melissa's hand on my shoulder carelessly, I ran after my mate.

Something I should have done long ago.

Elle tried to make me see the goodness and happiness in having a mate but I stupidly ignored her. She tried her very best to make this relationship work but I just bluntly shunned her. Now it's my turn to make it work.

I looked around when I got outside only to find her in the gazebo. She was crying heavily, wiping her eyes as if doing that would stop the tears from flowing down her cheeks.

She raised her head and looked at me, hatred filled her eyes. Like she never wants to see me again. She made a move to get up and run away but using my werewolf speed, I caught up with her in no time.

Forcefully, I took her into a tight hug. She punched and punched trying to get me to leave her but I won't let her go. Not this time.

When she realized that her efforts were fruitless, she stopped and leaned onto me completely.

"Come on. I need to show you something." I said, pulling her along with me.

I know deep down it's high time I let her in. I need to let her in my heart before I lose her to my foolishness. My dad once said that you won't know the value of something until you are about it lose it. And now I realise that it's actually true.

I realized Elle's importance just as I was about to loose her.

The End.

Just kidding 😂

                   **************
Aloha lovelies.
I bet you were not expecting Nathan's point of view but I thought why not try it again. So here it is. Tell me what you think. Should the next chapter be in Lizzy's point of view Nathan's.

Oh and by the way, Lizzy is Elle.
You know, Liz-elle.

Yeah, so I started this new story and I want you guys to check it out. The name is In love with a monster.

Anyways, thanks for all the reads and votes.
   Vote and comment before you exit.