Chapter three

Lizelle's point of view

Walking out of the plane I gripped my suitcase keenly making sure it dosent get lost in this heavy crowd. I stared forward looking for my mom because I called her early this morning before leaving the house and she promised to come and get me at the airport.

After waiting for another five minutes a cab pulled over and my mom walked out of it. I ran over to her and pulled her into a bone crushing warm hug without even her time to hug back, I released her and then hugged her back again but this time less tightly. "Lizzy stop "She gasped "Can't breathe."

Realizing my mistake I released her and apologized. "Am sorry mum, I got a little carried away. I guess."

I stared at her apparel. It was simple and casual. A black pair of pants, black top and a denim jacket. Her hair was neatly packed in a chignon.

Who's got a fancy mom. I do!

"Come on the cab man is waiting for us trust me the last thing you would want is for a cab man to ditch you at an airport". She shuddered and looked into space as if she was remembering something. Snapping out of her daze seconds later, she grabbed my wrist towards the cab.

I quickly grab my suitcase and put it in the trunk and then walked to the other side of the back seat and sat down next to my mum. I also noticed that the cab driver is a werewolf. He took of in full speed as soon as we left the airport's premises.

"So how's work?" My mum asked staring at me. "Going great mum, thanks. How are you doing?" I asked back hoping she would tell me the truth.

She didn't. "Fine Lizzy, amazing actually." She lied. I turned my face and stared at the window. Watching as we passed alot of buildings and trees, hectically blurry must I say. Nevada is truly a sight to behold. "What are you planning to do during your stay here for the next to weeks?" My mum"s voice brought me back from my sight seeing.

"Uh, I planned on staying with you but  also to look for a job here. I am going to be informing them that I will only be working there for just two weeks, whichever job I find." I replied honestly. "You are going to be working at the pack hospital?"She asked bewildered.

"Nah I don't think any hospital in their right mind will employ a nurse for only two weeks and my knowledge in nursing is only based on human health not werewolves. But I am trying something new this time around like"I paused thinking deeply and then I remembered my six months training at a bakery institution before becoming a nurse."Yep like baking. I will look for a bakery shop nearby and then go for an interview."

"That's a good plan Lizzy but I thought  you were planning on spending time with me at home?" She asked, at the brink of tears. "Well of course I will, during the days but I will be at work in the mornings" I assured her.

"We are nearing the pack village, we will be there in a few minutes"The cab man announced before focusing on the journey again. "That's good because I am tired"I said raising both arms in the air showing exhaustion.

My mum turned to face me having this huge girlish grin planted on her face. "I have decorated your old room. Everything is perfect and super great. Mr didly-doo is still there, where you left it"She reminisced, placing her hand on my right thigh.

Mr didly-doo is my old teddy bear and as embarrassing as it might sound I couldn't spend a single night without it. My dad gave it to me on my fifteenth birthday. He was there with me during my first, second and third break-up tears session.