Chapter six

Lizelle's point of view

When I got into the kitchen after leaving the Alpha's office, I noticed that it was empty. Empty except for the fact that Amelia was in the same kitchen I was in. But this time her back was facing me and she was doing the dishes in the zinc.

The refrigerator caught my attention, Not caring about anything else. I remembered that I haven't had my morning tea, coffee or juice. So I guess I am going for juice then.

I grabbed a chilled orange juice in a white transparent glass jug. I took a cup from the drainer and filled it with juice. I felt a presence behind me, already knowing who it is.

After finishing my juice, I turned to face a nervous wreck Amelia wearing a guilty look on. "I am really sorry I ignored you yesterday." She apologized, eyes gazing at mine keenly for my reaction.

I crossed my arms over my chest, my eyebrows raised in surprise. "Oh yeah, you are actually sorry for ignoring me, your Luna."

"I know what I did was wrong and I am sorry. It's just that I was shocked, I wasn't expecting you to my my Luna. I totally shared secrets with you."

I cleared my throat releasing my arms. "I forgive you but I expect a hug after an apology next time." I said pulling her into a warm hug.

Hugging someone is seldom for me because I am not the touchy emotional type. I am only emotional to those close to me and to those I care for.

When we pulled away, I washed the cup I used to drink my juice and placed it on the drainer. "So tell me, how is it like being mated to a beta, Carter specifically." I gave her a lopsided grin.

Her cheeks were the exact shade of crimson color when I mentioned her mate's name.

"Well at first it was hectic and boring when I found out that Carter is this pack's beta." She began, picking her fingernails. "But as we got to know each other, it got better."

I zoned out thinking about how mine and Nathan's relationship would have been if he wasn't so stucked-up with in ego. My thoughts went haywire when I further thought about us in a romantic relationship.

A feeling of déja vu washed over me when I remembered my past relationships especially the one I had with him. The worst of them all.

It seemed like I had a forlorn look on because when I snapped out of my thoughts, Amelia was standing there looking worried.

"Are you okay, Luna?" She asked, eyes stating anxiety.

I nodded assuring her that everything is okay." You do know that I am not Luna yet, right?"

She snickered amusingly. "I do. I simply like calling you that."

"In that case, don't get used to it."

Precisely as I was about to exit the kitchen, something suddenly crossed my mind. "Did you end up feeding your mate or did something else happen?" I asked, smirking.

(A.N Chapter three where the both of them met at the bakery shop, Lizzy's work place.)

She shrugged it off. "Nah, he changed his mind at the last minute. And you do not wanna know what he asked for."

"Has he marked you yet?" Somehow I found myself say.

She brushed her hair off her shoulders and there laid a dark brown crescent shaped mark. It was stunning.

My mark since my mate is an Alpha will be pure neutral black but the same shape. I felt a pang of jealousy right in the middle of my heart.

I shouldn't really be astonied about him marking her or about them completing their mating bond.