Chapter twenty-three

Lizelle

The options was pretty clear, either the ground should swallow me up or I should get my lazy ass up and go for training with Gwen. The choice was even much clear, if I don't get up and get ready for training, Gwen is going to burst into my room in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.....
.
"Lizzy, what in the world of witches are you still doing in bed?" Her voice could be heard from miles away.

I groaned in annoyance. Five more minutes, just five more minutes is all I want. Is that too much to ask?

"There's still some few more minutes. It's barely seven in the morning." I said, covering my face with the duvet.

"Yeah it's barely seven, that's because it's more than seven. This is half past nine in the morning. Am surprised the Alpha didn't wake you up." She admitted and I can imagine her with that confused look on her face.

I removed the blanket on my face and placed my hand on Nathan's side of the bed. Yeah, we still share a room even after his mum's departure. His side of the bed was completely cold and bare. I caressed it, feeling an invisible warmth from it.

"Wait for me in the living room. I will meet you there in twenty minutes." I said, hoping to get a few more minutes of my beauty sleep.

"Twenty!" She screamed.

Ugh, remind me why I have to train again.

"Fine. Fifteen." I said, getting from my soft, invitingly luscious bed.

The threshold of the bathroom was nothing compared to my old bathroom. It was bigger and fancier than I could have ever imagined Nathan's bathroom. There was a Jacuzzi tub in the middle, the same shade of white as the marbles on the floor embedded the Jacuzzi.

I came out of the shower after spending ten minutes in there. Gwen laid down my training outfit in order not to waste anymore time as she claimed that I already wasted a few minutes.

Drama queen.

The outfit was nothing special or specific. Just a nice pair of shiny black sweatpants, a baby pink tank top and a black p-cap. I picked everything up and changed in the closet where I had my rubber band ready for me to use.

After pulling my hair into a ponytail with the rubber band, I quickly wore my training vans and rushed out. It would have been fun to get Gwen mad but knowing she is an experienced witch, it will plain stupidity.

Gwen was sitting on the lovers couch that I placed at the far corner of the room, adjacent to the TV. The whole decorations which was made by yours truly, Natalya screamed 'attention' so I decided to change things a bit.

Noah still hasn't come out of hiding ever since the day he sent that letter. I am starting to think he has a secret plan of his and is planning to strike at an unexpected time.

No doubt the attack that was made on this pack the other day was part of his so called plan. And the dead body that was found at the pack forest too. He is seriously hitting on my nerves with his mindless games. If he wants to be a man then he should confront me.

Gwen finally noticed me after a long session of thinking. The both of us apparently had things on our mind and I doubt this training would do us any good.

"Gwen, I think we should just cancel today's training. The both of us have alot of things in mind." I advised, taking a seat on the two seaters couch.

She shook her head. "No I was thinking. I was mindlinking mother. She manifestly isn't coming back home next week because of a new emergency at the witch coven." She explained, rubbing her temples tiredly.