Chapter one

Lizelle's point of view

"Mum, don't worry as soon as I get a good enough reason to visit I will. I just need the hospital to give me my leave and then I will take the next flight to come and see you, promise"I said, staring at my bedsheet's intricate patterns. My mum gave it to me when I had told her that the hospital I work for has moved back to California, where they were before the storm made their building collapse.

I heard an exasperated sigh from my mother that's on the other side of the phone. "So visiting your own mother is not a good enough reason for your hospital to give you a two weeks leave "She hissed, resisting the urge the hyperventilate. "I knew I should never have allowed you to go to that hospital, they are a bunch of stupid psychopathic sadists".

Please God, give me the energy to refrain myself from scolding my mother. "So it's an arbitrary for you to curse and insult but not for me. That's not fair mum"I apprized her of the injustice that's been done to me, her only daughter. She scoffed. "Yes because I am your mother not the other way around, young lady"Her testament for respect is strong. Too strong actually.

"I am gonna cut the call now, whatever the hospital decides I will tell you but for now I am running late, so 'Adios' mum"I said trying to relieve the incriminate feeling I will get when the hospital refuses my request. Thinking that she will be the first to cut the call, I did it first. There is no way I am going to be able to go to the hospital and do my work knowing that my mum is somewhere in Nevada, furious at me.

After putting on my outfit for today. A pair of black tight jean pants and a white button-down shirt with long sleeves and a pair of black moccasins. I put my high in a high ponytail because in the hospital you either have you hair in bun or ponytail so as to not get hair all over the place. But since I am not a fan of bun because it's usually meant for the elderlys. I chose the latter.

I applied a little bit of makeup, consisting of my powder, a thin line of eyeliner, mascara to darken my long lashes and a pink lip gloss. On my ears were my nude stud earrings and my neck had my tiny diamond necklace given to me by my father. After folding my already ironed white uniform that I was going to change into when I get to the hospital, I jogged downstairs to have my breakfast.

I had prepared breakfast early this morning before coming up to my room to take a shower. Bagel and mornay with a cup of hot cocoa was something I love having for breakfast. Few minutes later, I was standing on my porch locking my dark brown mahogany door before walking to my black convertible in my narrow garage.

I drove for about thirty minutes before arriving at the hospital. This is my second year in the hospital and I am still fazed by the decorations. It had azure mosaic floor decorations but the walls are thick dark sapphire marbles that sparkled as a result of the ten inches chandelier hanging from the ceiling in the center of the reception hall.

Doctors walking at an incredulous rate of speed. Nurses trailing behind, struggling to keep up at the pace of the doctors. Patients, either taking a walk or sitting infront of the doctor's office waiting patiently to be ushered in. I walked to our part of the big building specifically meant for the nurses before looking ahead and catching a glimpse of Stacy, the nurse department receptionist. We have never really gotten along and it's because of her bitchy attitude and brusque demeanor.

Our motto, the nurses motto actually was hanging highly on the brick wall painted in white which clearly reads 'We will rather be ruined than changed but we seem to face that choice everyday' in bold letters. I took a deep, shallow breathe unconsciously. I am a sizzling flambeau that will never burn out. I kept saying that as I made my way to my ward room and 'special' patient for the day.

Hey guys, this is my first story so if you think it's short, childish and boring then I am sorry but I promise to increase it as I write. I really hope you enjoy this first chapter, if you did please hit the vote button below. Thank you.

Freedahmyst