Chapter seven

Lizelle's point of view

Standing in front of the same brown mahogany door I had seen few hours ago, I sighed. There was a leery scent lingering in the air and it was so off. It clearly was a female.

Wait, a female in Nathan's office?

Like the good and mannered girl was supposed to knock. I didn't. I angrily kaput the door, almost knocking the door off it's hinges.

Almost.

In front of me was a girl sitting on Nathan's desk. She was sitting on his right side. Tugging his hair slightly and massaging his scalp with her paled fingers. I glared at those sinful fingers, ready to rip them off her wrist.

Her back was facing me. Straight blonde hair, reaching her shoulders in straight waves. Nathan's face was a horrible wreck, eye bags under his eyes making him look dull and anomaly.

Wasn't I just here a few hours ago?

Of course I was. It was barely a day since I've seen him. How come didn't I noticed all of these?

Well because he had shut all the windows and doors so I couldn't see anything. If not for the lamp that was at the far corner in the room, the office would have been tenebrous.

He had opened the windows and doors now. As if  he sensed my scent, he raised his head up from the numerous paper work lying on the table. "Lizelle?"

When he called me, it made the bitch turn around and stare at me. Her face clearly indicated that she wasn't happy seeing me here. But still, she placed the fakest smile on her face.

Umph, imposter!

She had two different eye colour. The right one was hazel with blue rings while the left one was only baby blue.  They looked lifeless. Her nose was pointed down. Her lips lost their colour and was now replaced by blood shot red.

When she walked closer, she squinted her eyes and scoffed. "Ah! So I finally meet the soon to be Luna." She exclaimed smirking.

She trusted her right arm froward. "Melissa Burkley. The pack's witch and Nathan's ex girlfriend and best friend."

That caught me off guard. No wonder she had this weird and dark aura lurking around her. But I thought werewolves and witches do not work or collaborate with each other. So why did these two date? More importantly why did they break up.

I fixated my eyes on her wrist that's still dangling in the air waiting for me to shake it. I looked back at her, not breaking eye contact and then hurtled my right wrist, shaking her hand gently. "Lizelle Christopher. Soon to be Luna of Blood moon pack and Alpha Nathan's mate." I said rubbing it in her witch face.

I looked over her shoulder to see Nathan looking as blank as ever.  He didn't even look proud or surprised. "Oh I know." Mellisa's voice brought me back.

"You are more beautiful than I have heard. Quite eldritch." She said stupidly leering at me.

Is she suggesting that I used magic for my earthy beauty. She must be crazy.

"Feels like the other way around." I mumbled.

She scrowled at me, narrowing her two coloured optics at me. "Looks like we've got a sassy girl as a Luna."

"Learnt from the master." I mocked.

Nathan seems to be enjoying our show but he face refused to admit it. His body language said it all.

Her face turned red from anger. Someone doesn't like to be sassed. She glared at me. And then turned to Nathan smiling at him. "I will see you later Nathan. Your mate here obviously detest my presence." She eyes me before leaving the room.