Chapter nine

Lizelle's point of view

Alex and I both arrived at the pack house, AKA Alpha's manor. There were alot of guards in front of the manor, alerting everyone that comes in that there is fire on the mountain. Alex parked in front of the entrance not bothering to park in the pack's garage which substantially looks like an automobile company, if I am not exaggerating. But seriously it's big to the extent that fifty cars can fit in.

Yep, I am out of point.

When we entered the living room, Nathan was on the phone, Amelia and Natalya were trying to conciliate a woman and her husband. I had seen Dylan on the training field, training the warriors while Carter was going through some paper work.

What the heck happened?

Natalya raised her head and sighed in content when she detected that it was me and Alex. "Thanks goddess, you're okay."

I stared at her in daze. Why wouldn't I be okay. "What happened?" I asked as my eyes went to that woman that's bawling her eyes out with tears.

I wonder what happened to her.

"The guards found a dead body of a girl while patrolling, near the border. Along side a warning note." Amelia spoke up, her hands trembling with fear.

A dead body. Near the border. Who would kill an innocent girl and place her dead body at the border of her pack. This pack has alot of enemies, which I am aware of but taking an innocent girl's life is just sick and extreme.

I nudged my head towards the couple that were still crying. "I am guessing those people are the girl's parent." I asked Natalya because she was near me.

"Yes."

"So what's the warning note about?" The contiguous moment I asked that question, everyone stopped dead in their tracks and turned to look at me. Even the girl's parent. I arched my eyebrows at them. They all looked angry, worried and upset. Nathan was the worst, he looked beyond furious, exactly like a raging volcano.

I watched as Nathan ran upstairs, taking three steps at a time. Amelia mumbled a feeble 'Go after him'. I managed to get a hold of her incoherent words and forced my wobbly legs to follow him.

I groaned when I saw him enter his office and slammed the door hard. He was way too choleric to notice that I was trailing behind him. I twisted the door knob and was surprised to find it opened. He didn't lock the door. That could only mean two things.

He knew I was following him. Or

He forgot to close the door.

I walked into the room, taking in the familiar features. It was still marvelous.

How did so much happen one day?

He was as usual sitting on his chair. But this time around his eyes was closed, mouth slightly ajar and a tint of pink on his cheeks because of his irrational anger that was slowly disappearing. He was calming himself down, cool.

I walked over to his side and placed both of hands on his shoulders. I felt him tense underneath my palms before it was replaced by ravishing sensation of sparks. I can feel sparks. Wait, I can?

Of course I can. Experiencing sparks with your mate doesn't really have any relationship with having your wolf or not. It's more like a natural instinct that the moon goddess blesses you with.

I began to massage his softly. He starts to relax under my touch, leaning in. I thought of hugging him from behind but kicked against it when I felt him tensed. He not-so gently removed my hands and stood up. "What are you doing here?" His husky voice deep as his nostrils quivered.