Chapter fourteen

Lizelle

Groggily, I opened my eyes slowly with so much difficulty. I tried to sit up but the banging pain in my head told me otherwise. So instead I lay back down. I looked around the room, machines by my side, annoyingly beeping, two couches and a seat by the side of my bed. 

Wait, a hospital?

I looked down to my right hand to find it bandaged little. There was a rope attached to the bandage. Meaning that there's a needle in my wrist. A drip was hanging from the top of a white hanger, the rope that was attached to the edge of the drip bag is the same rope in my wrist.

The door opened and Nathan walked in. He was looking rugged. Eye bags under his eyes. Stubbles covered his chiseled jaw. He trotted towards me tardily.

When he came close enough to hear me, I spoke. "What happened to me?" I asked my voice clearly gruffy.

He sat on the chair next to me.

"We aren't sure of what happened to you exactly. But the doctors are still running some tests on you so until we get the results, we don't know anything." He enlightened looking wary.

"How long was I out for?" I asked my voice getting worse.

I should really stop talking.

"Three days," Behind those words was a great mass of anguish. Much to my dismay, as soon as I noticed it, he brisked it away with something distracting.

"The doctor said we are free to take you home, whether you wake up or not. So I guess it's a good thing you woke up." His assertive side was betraying him very badly.

Surprisingly, he had become lighter. His demeanor was precisely cool and calm unlike the one I am used to.

Then I remembered something. I killed the former Luna. My mate's mother. I am such a bad person. No, I am the worst Luna history has ever encountered.

I removed the soft cotton sheet used as a blanket for me. And cautiously removed the drip from my hand. Walking to the small window in the room, I sighed staring outside admiring the garden's beautiful and decent greenery.

I wiped the lone tear that managed to escape the welled up tears in my eyes. "I am sorry Nathan. I didn't mean to kill her. I swear I didn't understand what was happening."

"What?"

"Your mother, the former Luna. I killed her, didn't I?" I asked, as more tears fell on my cheeks. Nurses are suppose to help save lives, not take them.

He released a loud sigh, followed by a heart warming chuckle."You didn't kill her. In fact you healed her," He smiled brightly. "I had invited all the healers around the world to heal her. Even my cousin's healer. She is a feon, the best of all in America but she couldn't do it. No one could."

"Am sorry."

I didn't know what else to say. The big heavy burden has been lifted off my chest. I didn't kill her. I really didn't.

But how did I heal her? I mean I am just an ordinary werewolf who still hasn't shifted yet. And a feon tried to heal her but couldn't. A freaking feon.

I have heard alot about them from Tessy, my ex roommate, before I moved out. She is a supernatural healer, but her great aunt is a feon. It really interest me on how they work.

So if I am not a healer then how did I heal the former Luna or isn't it healers that heal? Then I remembered what Evelyn said. Could it be true?

Nah, that's just pure bullshit.