Chapter ten

Lizelle's point of view

It's been three days since I've visited my mum's cabin. Nathan has instructed everyone to stay inside. Nobody is allowed to come in as well as to go out. I don't swear but,

Fuck this.

Another reason why I haven't been able to go out is because the Luna ceremony has been taking a toll on me. It's just a simple ceremony but because of the numerous number of pack members, it's taking a little longer than necessary. I had called my mum yesterday for not being able to keep to the rendezvous.

She said its okay that we would go after the Luna ceremony which is tomorrow. But I refused. I planned to go to her cabin today and then leave for Evelyn's house together with my mum since she doesn't stay in the pack house, today.

I already asked Nathan and he allowed me but on the condition that I will be escorted by three able warriors. Of course I agreed, I am not going to let this chance slide by me.

I turned to my left and reached my destination. The first floor. The first floor is meant for the workers only. There are ten rooms on the floor and a small basement. I came here to look for the old lady that called me Anastasia.

A girl younger than me walked out of a room wearing a maid's uniform. Maybe she could tell me the room that belongs to that lady. I walked over and stopped her from leaving the first floor. "Excuse me, do you perhaps know the room of a lady. She has black hair with white steaks, brown eyes, in her late fifties. And she......, "

"Oh! You mean Mother Theresa? "

"I guess. But why do you call her that?" I inquired furrowing my eyebrows.

She giggled, dropping the mop in her hands mistakenly. "Because she is the oldest worker here Luna," She answered and then pointed at a black wooden door. "That's her room over there but she isn't in right now, you might have to wait." I nodded and gestured for her to leave after thanking her.

I took slow and steady steps to her room. The room was luckily opened and I went in without a fuss. Her innocent and soft attar lingered in the air.

That means she just left the room.

I looked around the room, admiring it's simple nature. Her bed was neatly made, brown smooth velvet rug decorated the floor and one bed side table with a lamp on it, at the right side of the bed. Her wardrobe was furnished but yet had that instinctive chasteness. I walked over to her wardrobe and pulled it open.

Her casual outfits hung perfectly on her wooden frame with the help of  white designated hangers. There was a drawer below her wardrobe, I reached out and pulled it open.

There laid an old book with nothing written on the outside. I took the book and flinched when it came in contact with my fingers. Being the pertinalious girl I am, I went ahead and carried it. I felt a severe shock from it while holding it and it stopped after a few seconds.

I opened the book and the first thing I saw was writings in a language I couldn't decipher. It's was so difficult to read. "Luna? " I whipped my head around so fast to where the voice came from that anyone would think it's gonna snap.

Theresa stood there with an expression I understood too well. Fear.

I smiled sheepishly at her. "Hey, Theresa. "

She forced back a smile. "Luna. To what do I owe this gratifying visit?"

I shook my head when I realized that she is uncomfortable with me in the room. "I was just about to leave. Don't worry." I assured and headed towards the door.