chapter 10

It's been weeks since we've last seen Tegan. I've been really worried. I want to say something to Danie but I don't want her to think I'm taking sides.

I walk into the doorway of her art studio at our college. I pause to look at her before heading more into her room.

Upon hearing my footstep as I step further into the room she looks up quickly. But then looks slightly disappointed when she sees it's only me.

"Expecting someone?" I ask knowing exactly who she was looking for. I take slow strides towards her. She looks completely exhausted. She hasn't been sleeping well since the run-in with Teagan.

"You're still working on this piece," I say trying to make small conversation before I really get to the point of me coming in to visit her.

"Yep. How come you're still here? Don't you normally go to the studio for a little bit?" She asks me pausing to look at me with suspicion.

"Yeah, but I decided to come to see my gorgeous wife and see how you're doing.". She smacks her teeth at what I said

She was doing okay a few days after how she treated Teagan but the first week Teagan didn't show up to school she clearly started to get worried.

I would catch her looking at her classroom full of students searching for teagans light blue eyes among the students but then looking worried and disappointed when she didn't see her. I knew it would take a toll on her so I've been dropping by her classes when i had some time just to make sure she's okay.

"Did she not show up in your class again either?" I ask getting straight to the topic. I'm really worried about her too.

"No, she didn't." She says faking like she doesn't care but I'm her wife. I see the worry and even guilt in her eyes.

I even caught her giving herself a talk about how she did the right thing and that Teagan dosent really want her but me only. I don't blame her because it's my fault those insecurities are there. I put them there when we tried the first time to do a poly relationship.

"Let's go see her," I say and pull up a chair to sit in front of her as she continues to paint.

"No" she firmly says to me and continued her Swift stroaks across her canvas.

"Stop acting as if you're not worried about her too! Stop acting like you don't care!" I say to her turning her around to face me.

"What do you want from me, Alex?" She says with a sigh.

"What I want is for you to be honest with me, Teagan, and yourself. You care about her too! Admit it!" I say leaning in close to her looking deeply into her eyes.

"I don't fucking like her- I -don't care about her at all," she says on the verge of crying.

"Baby, please! You're torturing us all for what??? You care about her just as much as I do!" I say to her a little bit lowering my voice.

By now she's crying uncontrollably.

"Baby it's okay. It's not so wrong that you have feelings for her because I do too! It won't be like last time I promise. I think deep down you know this too, am I right?" I question her because I know if I can feel it and see she does too.

She looks at me with tear-stained cheeks and just nods her head.

"Oh, baby," I say to her bringing her chair even closer to me so I can wrap her in my arms.

I pull back and wipe her cheeks.

"I wasn't going to say anything because I made the promise to Teagan to not interfere and let you come to her on your own. She wanted to gain your trust without me involved." She looks at me shocked.