Bloodletting part 1

Start from the beginning

"You've been there, partner. Right? And you pulled through. So will he." Shane said trying to reasure Rick.

"Is that why I got out of that hospital? Found my family for it to end here like this? This some kind of sick joke?"

"You stop it. Just stop." Shane said stopping Rick from continuing.

"A little girl goes missing...You look for her. It's plain and simple." Rick said repeating what he said eariler. The door swung open and Maggie came out.

"Rick, Lily...He needs blood." She said. Rick and I ran in. I saw Carl lying there moving around, cryying and groaning in pain. I thought I would cry any second. Shane came in looking as if he would break down.

"You come hold him down." Hershel said to Shane. He nodde dand weent to hold Carl down.

"DAD!" Carl screamed in pain. He cried and screamed more as Hershel dug around for one of the bullet pigments.

"Almost there." Hershel said. Carl's screams became louder.

"STOP! YOU'RE KILLING HIM!" Rick screamed.

"Rick! Do you want him to live!?" Hershel yelled back. Carl sobs filled the room. I went over to him and his eyes locked with mine.

"He needs blood." Patricia said pulling Rick over towards her.

"Do it now!" Shane screamed at Rick. Rick gave Patricia his arm and she stuck the needle in his arm. I looked back at Carl. His crying stopped and he fell unconsious. "Wait. Wait. Hey." Shane said worried.

"He just passed out." Hershel said reasuring Shane. Hershel finally got a pigment out of Carl and I sighed with Releif. "One down...five to go." I heard the clink of the metal go in the bowl.

~*~*~

Carl was still passed out, Hershel was taking his blood pressure. "Pressure's stable." Hershel said.

"Lori needs to be here." Rick said from where he and I were giving blood. We were taking turns. "She doesn't even know what's going on. I've got to go find her and bring her back." Rick said.

"You can't do that." Hershel said.

"She's hid mother." Risck said angerly. "She needs to know what's happened. Her son's lying here shot." Rick said.

"And he's going to need more blood." Hershel said.

"Isn't that why I'mm here?" I asked confused.

"Well darling you are still a child you don't recover as quickly and don't have enough so that's why we need Rick." Hershel explained. "He can't go more than 50 feet from this bed." Hershel added. Rick stood up and looked like he would pass out any second. Shane walked over and helped Rick balence more.

"Hey. Hey. Come on." Shane said.

"I'm all right. I'm all right." Rick moaned.

"I got him." Shane said to Hershel. Rick walked out of the room followed by me and Shane. Maggie and Otis sat in the room. Otis looked down grively. They looked up to hear if anything had changed. "He's stable for now." Shane said. Otis and Maggie relexed a little bit.

"Lori has to be here Shane, she has to know." Rick said to Shane.

"Ok, I get that. I'm gonna handle it. But you've got to handle your end." Shane said.

"My-- My end?" Rick questioned.

"Your end is being here for you son." Shane said knelling down. "Even if he didn't need your blood to survive, there is no way I'd ever let you walk out that door. Man, I'd break your legs if you tried. You know that, right?" Shane said. Rick looked down. "If something happened to him and you weren't here...If-- If he slipped away while you were gone, you would never forgive yourself for that. And neither would Lori, man." Shane said. Rick started sobbing. He stopped.

"You're right." He said nodding his head.

"When was I ever wrong?" Shane said smiling. He started to chuckle both of them actaully.

(A/N not going to put the whole conversion to much writing and I'm lazy)

After a long talk Rick and Shane were having Hershel came out. "He's out for now. But I need to remove those remaining freagments." He said explaing what happened.

"How? You saw how he was."

"I know, and that was the shallowest one. I need to go deeper to get the others."

"Oh man."

"Theres's more." Hershel added.

"Tell me." Rick demanded.

"His belly's distened, his pressure is dropping, which means there's internal bleeding. A fragment must have nicked one of the blood vessels." Hershel said explaing what was wrong with Carl. I imagined how life would be without him. Tears formed at the corners of my eyes. "I have to open him up, find the bleeder and stitch it. And he can't move while I'm in there-- I mean, at all. If he reacts the same as before, I'll secer an artery and he'll be dead in minutes. To even try this, I have to put him under. But if I do, he won't be able to breathe on his own. Same bad results." Hershel said. Well what do we do?