Family Reunion

"look blood it's fresh!" I said laughing. Daryl looked closer and his eyes widened.

"Holy shit! Your right!" he said laughing along like me. I started running so he wouldn't lose his family like I did, no one in this world should lose their family. Daryl tried to catch up but I was to fast. We both started laughing again, racing each other as we ran to where the blood stains stopped.

There was a passage way I guess you could say to this little kitchen area. I wish I was not the one who was a head because of the sight before me. I gasped looking at the area it was covered in blood as I went up to the little stove the fire was on and the there was something that had.......burned skin all over it?! I then felt a pair of rough, big hands cover my eyes, blocking the sight that I had just been seeing.

"Just don't look, ok." Daryl said so I assumed it was him covering my eyes. "He did that to himself didn't he?" I asked in a scared little girl voice making me mentally slap myself I must not look weak. Daryl sighed and said

"Yeah yeah he did." It made me sad that he was in so much pain because I know how it feels to loss all hope because no one you care about is alive anymore.

"Well Merle Dixon was a brave man." I heard Noah say. Wait I forgot what their last names were......was it really them.

"I remember." I said barely in a whisper.

" What did ya say kid?" Daryl asked me looking face to face.

" I remember!" I said more loudly making Daryl smile because he knew what I was talking about. I can't believe my cousin the man who was like my big brother is still alive. He's the one I cried every night and day because I missed him so much, the one who I got beaten by his dad for that's why we were visiting because my uncle, his dad had finally been put in jail and my parents knew I loved Daryl with all my heart. I started softly sobbing into his shirt. He then pulled away.

"I missed ya kid." he said happy that I remembered him. I smiled weakly through all the tears on my face

"I missed you to." I said smiling.