Bloodletting part 1

I was pacing back and forth. Carl had just been shot! "What blood type is he?" Hershel asked Rick.

"A-positive same as mine." Rick repiled. That was the same I had.

"I'm also A-positive." I said hoping I could donate some blood to Carl in order to save him.

"That's fournate. Stick around I'll need you both." Hershel said strenly. I nodded my head franticly. "What happened?" Hershel asked looking at Otis, the idoit who shot Carl.

"I was tracking a buck. Didn't see him. The bullet went clean through." Otis said in sorrow.

"Well the buck slowed it down, it saved his life. Although it did not go clean through." Hershel said examining Carl's wound. "There are around six pigments that I can count in here." Hershel added.

"Lori dosen't know." Rick mutttered. "My wife dosen't know." Rick said almost completly breaking down.

~third person POV~

"Still worring about it." Andrea said to Lori. Eariler they had heard a gun shot, just one.

"It was a gun shot." Lori said casious.

"We all heard it." Daryl said coming closer to where Lori and Andrea stopped. Lori turned towards Daryl and Andrea.

"Why one? Why just one gun shot?" Lori questioned.

"Maybe they toke down a walker." Daryl replied.

"Please don't patronize me. You know Rick wouldn't risk a gun shot to put down one walker. Or Shane. They do it quitely." Lori said confused and annoyed.

"Shouldn't they have caught up with us by now?" Carol asked.

"There's nothing we can do about it anyways. Can't run around these woods chasing echoes." Daryl said.

"So what do we do?" Lori asked.

"Same as we've been. Beat the bush for Sophia and Ivy, work our way back to the highway." Daryl said slightly annoyed with everyones asking.

"I'm sure they'll hook up with us back at the RV." Andrea said. Lori looked at the ground and looked back at the direction the gun shot came from. "I'm sorry for what you're going through. I know how you feel." Andrea said to Carol.

"I suppose you do. Thank you. The thought of her out here by herself...It's the not knowing that's killing me. I just keep hoping and praying that she dosen't wind up like Amy." Carol said then stop looking sorry for what she had just said about Andrea's deceased sister. "Oh God. That's the worst thing I ever said." She apoligesed.

"We're all hoping and praying with you, for what it's worth." Andrea said acepting Carol apology.

"I'll tell you what's it worth-- Not a damn thing. It's a waste of time all this hoping and praying." Daryl said walking up to the two women. Shock covered their faces. "Cause we're going to locate that little girl, she's gonna be just fine. Am I the only one zen around here? Good lord." Daryl said walking off.

~Lily's POV~

Rick, Shane, and I were sitting waiting for Hershel to need Rick or I.

"Why'd I let him come with us. I should have sent him with Lori." Rick said.

"You know, you start that, you'll never get that monkey off your back." Shane said making me confused. Why a monkey on his back?

"Little girl goes missing, you look for her. Simple. You said call it, head back." Rick said.

"Doesn't matter what I said."

"Carl got shot because I wouldn't cut bait. It should be me in there." Rick said. Shane gave a little weak chuckle.