Here I Am My New Home

~Lily's POV~

As we rode for what seemed like forever we finally reached a group of people. "Hey never got your age" Daryl said as we got off his  bike. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm 13 happy now" I said. I agree I was being a bit rude but seriosly I could already tell this guy would be a pain in the ass.

"Lookie lookie Daryl is back" I heard a man say he had a hat that said deputy so I'm guessing he's a police man. "And with a little friend" I rolled my eyes. I hated it when people called me little or a kid or imature. "What's your name kid" he asked me.

"Lily Kuaffman and you are"

"Oh allow me to introduce myself I'm Shane" he said sticking his hand out. I toke it in my own and shoke it. I had this weird feeling about him like at some point during all of this he would I don't know break. "Oh and this is Lori and Carl" he said pointing to a skinner woman and a boy most likely about the same age as me. "That's Dale" he said pointing to a guy on the roof of an RV and on cue he waved back and I smiled weakly. "That's Carol and Sophia and Carol's husband  Ed but stay away from him ok" he said pointing to a woman with very short hair with a little girl most likely the same age as Carl and a man who I could already tell that he abused his wife. "and that's Jim and Jacqui and Amy" he said pointing to three other people. "and then some of our group is out on a run" he said.

"Well can I do something useful around here" he then patted my head. Oh great he's one of those kind of guys he treats me like a little kid but I'm thirteen for crying out loud. "Sure why don't you go help Amy and Lori with laundry"

"Hell no I want to something useful remember like I don't know hunting" Shane just chuckled and kept his smile plastered on his face.

"No Daryl is our hunter so you can just go help them"

"No I can go with Daryl to hunt I have been hunting plenty of times and I know how to use almost like every weopon you have here" I said siletly raising my voice. That's when I saw it, something in his eyes that made me jump back.

"FINE WHATEVER" he yelled at me which made me jump almost 5 feet in the air. I really got pissed then.

"asshole" I said under my breathe. As I saw Daryl get his crossbow I went up to him. "Shane said I can go hunting with you" I said.

"What ever get some weapons and let's go" he said putting his crossbow over his shoulder. Jezz not only was this guy a pain he was an asshole to just my luck.

*~*~*

"So where you from Lily" Daryl asked after minuites of akward silence.

"California we were coming to Atlanta to vist my cousins and then we were going to go to Virgina afterwards but then…" I felt a burning pain in my heart it was still so new that they were gone. "Then we heard what was happening on the radio and my dad didn't pay attention to the road and we fell down a steep hill I woke up to find out my parnets weren't there and my brothers weren't either so I went looking for them then I heard my mom's scream and found them being eaten by those things later after running I grabed my gear from our van and hit the road" I said with my voice filled to the brim with saddness. A single tear trickeld down my cheek and I quickly wiped it off. I didn't want to seem weak.

"Wow so you've been all be yourself through all of this" I nodded slowly. "Wow that's bad ass kid." Oh great now I have a new nickname.

"Could you stop calling me kid I'm not a kid" I said getting a little frustrated and slitley raising my voice.

"Oh big girl ain't ya to bad have a bad habit of  giving people nicknames" he said chuckling at my frustation.

"Whatever my dad also called me that once my hair turned light brown atleast he didn't call me a dumb blonde anymore" I said with no trace of emotion. Maybe this group could be good I mean I can fit in right?