Goodbye My Family

~Lily's POV~

"Shut up, Kris" I yelled at my anoying little brother. He was teasing me about slow dancing with a boy I liked at our jonior high dance. I was in the 7th grade so this was my first dance.

"Lily and Harry sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G first comes- ow" he said after I punched him in the arm. I felt the heat rising to my cheeks.

"Just shut up Kris before you get it any worse" I said giving him a warning look before looking out the window again. I was getting super bored with all this silence so I just closed my eyes and let myself escape to my fantastic dream land. I always loved it when I went to sleep my dreams were always better then reality. But this time it was a dreamless sleep. As my eyes fluttered open my dad was freaking out my mom looking as if she had seen a ghost and my brothers crying in fear. "What's going on" I asked more fearful then I thought I sounded. I hated sounding like I was a scared little girl but honestly right now I didn't care. My mom turned up the staticy radio

"If you are just tuning in there is an illness of some kind where the infected die but are revived by something else then they try to ifect the other's by either scartching or biting their next victums please stay in doors keep away from citys  and god bless you all" I sat there in silence. The apoclpse? I thought. Maybe. I looked at my brothers crying harder.

"ROBERT WATCH OUT!!" My mom yelled at my dad who had taken his eyes off the road. I screamed as we fell of a steep hill. I hit my head on something and the blackness cosumed me.

*~*~*

I fluttered my eyes open after for what seemed like hours of being in nothing but darkness. I started remember what happened before as it slowly sank in my dad lost control on the wheel and we fell from a steep hill. I started to feel a burning pain across my forehead and put my hand on my head as a felt a warm liquid on my hand and smelt the familar smell of the red liquid. I had a huge cut across my forehead. I winced once my hand touched it. God it hurted right now. "Mom" I said well trying my voice was low. My vision was still blurry before I could see clearly. My family wasn't in the car anymore. Questions started poping up in my head. Where were they? Were they safe? Did they leave me? But then the most unbearable question poped up. Are they still alive? I started to panic. Where are they? WHERE ARE THEY?! WHERE ARE THEY?!  I looked out the window but couldn't see clearly because the glass was broken and covered in……Blood?! "MOM DAD KRIS DANIEL JAMES!!!" I was yelling all of their names. I started to kick the window from where I was sitting. After for what seemed like forever I finnally was able to break it open. I crawled out but in the progress getting glass stuck in the palms of my hands. I toke in my soroundings we seemed to be in a country type of neighbor hood like where we lived where trees were every where. Then I looked at the ground, it was stained with blood which made me feel uneasy. "mommy daddy" I said like I was a little girl again. Then I saw my dad's gun. He always had a gun in the car in case anything happened which I'm guessing something did. Then I heard a female voice scream out in pain. "MOM" I yelled as I ran towards her voice with my dad's gun in my hand. As I aporached where the sound came from I found my family all of their lifless bodies being eaten by some type of things. "no……NO" I said attracting the attetion of the things. Their faces were roting away and their eyes were dead no longer containing any sign of life. "Oh shit" I said. I ran faster as they limped after me. Then my foot caught on something. I looked down trying to get my foot lose. It was one of those things. I screamed kicking it in the face. "Get. Off. Me" I said in between kicks. Finnally it let go of my leg. "HELP!!! PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!" I said tears streaming down my face. I got back to our car. This summer we were going to vist our cousins in Atlanta so we had snacks and stuff in the car. I grabed my backpack and filled it with clothes and grabed my wallet and the two guns in the center concel and hit the road but it felt like I was missing something. I turned back and searched the car and found pictures of me and my family. I felt tears coming and I quickly whiped them away. I needed to get out of here those things could find me any second.

*~*~*

After a few hours on this road it starts to get a little dark. I see people screaming but I sneak past everything trying to avoid any danger. Then I see somthing a vehicle of some sort. A metrocycle? I looked trying to fnd a hiding place like a bush or something like that. Crap he or she is only five feet away now. I looked more frantically and finally found a bush. They proably already saw me but better safe then sorry. "Really kid that's the best you can do" I heard a southern male accent say. I stood up and pointed my gun.

"Well better safe then sorry" I said with no humor in my voice no emotion. "Who are you" I said my voice still containing no emotion at all.

"Well I shoulld ask you the same whatever names Daryl Dixon and you are"

"My name is Lily, Lily Kuaffman" I saw his eyes fill with a familarity with the name.

"Ok kid need a ride" he said patting the back set of his bike.

"Maybe but how can I trust a person that I just met" I said. I knew he needed to show me sign of why I should trust him.

"Ugh suit yourself" he said sitting back right.

"Fine I'll come" I said lowering my gun if he tried anything I could kill him later. Besides nothing else could go wrong, right?