Dead Hand

~Lily's POV~

"Holy shit!" I said lookig in horror at Merle's dead hand that had been detached from his probably now cold dead body.

"That son of a bitch!" Daryl exlamined in shook looking at his brother's hand.

"W-why would he do that, I-I mean that's crazy" Glenn said triping over his own words trying to find the right ones to say. I felt my stomach turn upside down as I looked around only to find the bloody saw Merle had used to hack his hand off.

"Oh God!" I heard Noah say as he stepped on the roof. He then leaned over the building and starrted vomiting. I don't know why, but this made me angry.

"Noah can you stop puking for one God damn second!" I snapped at my dear friend. Everyone looked at me with confused and shoocked experssions. I was shooked with myself not once had I snapped like that at Noah. I started to tremble in fear, not of the snarling monsters down blow, but of what I was becoming. I shook my head, I couldn't let this world change me. "L-let's go" I said walking back to the stair way we came. Noah grabbed my arm and turned me around to face him.

"What happed back there it was like I don't know it wasn't you." He said concern all over his face and in his voice and eyes.

"It's nothing, I-I'm fine ok" I said trying to lie. But he just knew me to well so he didn't beleive me one bit. He pulled me into a hug and whispered in my ear.

"Don't let this world change you ok." Then he pulled back and just like we did at camp we stood still, lost in each others eyes, not moving the slitest inch. All of a sudden I heard someone clear their throats snapping me out of my thoughts. I turned around to find a smirking Daryl. I felt the heat rise to my cheeks as I saw everyone staring at us.

"Well come on love birds." I heard Daryl say as my cheeks turned to a deep, bright, tomato red.

"S-sorry" I said getting even more red. I can't beleive I just did the cheesiest thing eve and with my best friend. Ok yes I had a crush on him but that was a long time ago and I mean a LONG time ago. I started to shake my head. Get a hold of yourself Lily it's nothing ok nothing. After just a few minuites of akward silece I decided to speak up, I've never being one for akward silence."He might still be alive, Daryl, we don't know for sure." I said trying to reasure him. He just shurged, indicating it was back to the akward silence. All this silence gives me time to think. 'You won't survie long, you might just want to end it all and pull the trigger.' My inner deamons tell me and the worst part their right. I might die in just a few days,m hours, maybe even seconds. 'Cause in this world no one is safe and not everyone will survie. It will get to the point where nothing good exist or where it's all destoryed. As my thoughts got deeper I hear an almost to familar moan ecsape through a creak in a door. Daryl motioned to us to stand at the sides. Me and Daryl crouched to the side closet to the knob while Glenn, Noah, and Rick crouched by the other side. Daryl held up three fingers, two, one.

Bam!

Daryl kicked open the door as we saw a lone walker snap it's head towards us, it's eyes filled with hunger. It started to charge at me as I pulled out my knife, but as it came only inches away from me it fell limp to the ground with a thud, dead. I examined it more closely and found an arrow through it's head. I looked at Daryl who had his crossbow raised aiming where the walker once stood without the crossbow loaded. "Thanks but I can handle myself." I said with little emotion in my voice.

"No biggie but if I hadn't killed it you would have been walker chow." he said while smirking. Maybe this world did have some good things in it, like Daryl.