50 | The End

11th October 2020

How the fuck did that happen.

———

We arrived at the imagination, bright azure skies, marshmallow clouds and lime green grass. As we sat down at a small bench we started talking. While the conversation went on one question stuck at the back of my mind.

"Do you remember what you said?..." I blurted out, "when you said you'd tell me about what happened when you went away?"
I watched as princey's eyes darkened.

"I-... It was the dirty dragon witch," He spoke with hate gripping to his sentence, "she.., she threatened to kill you if I didn't give up on these missions. I couldn't let that happen, I kept on going forward but she must of put some sort of spell on me because every time I took a step forward, an image of you.. your corpse.. I-, I couldn't-.." He said, broken. It was my turn to comfort him as I placed my hand on top of his, he took my hand and intertwined it with his.
"It angered me that she could do such twisted bullshit. I lost it and full on attacked her, no second thoughts or plan in mind. I wouldn't ever let her do anything she put in my head to you. I.. I won in the end, barely, but I won."

I stared at him in disbelief and woe, "why..-, why bother risking your own life for me?"

He looked at me as if I was stupid, "why wouldn't I? Virge, you have to realise that you matter.."

"But I-"

"No, Virgil. I l-...I care about you.. a lot, so do the others so of course I'd risk my life for yours!" He stammered. I melted at his gaze of passion. I swallowed the lump in my throat and nodded.
He sighed, looking down at the floor.
"So uh-.. if we are being open about everything.. what's in that book you always carry around?"
My eyes widened and my heart stopped.

"Well, uh-" I tapped my knee rhythmically, only longing to escape right now.
"Emile Picani.. he said it would help. Don't tell the others about it.. it's kind of embarrassing."

"There's nothing to be embarrassed about, if I'm honest, I write when I have bad days since it helps me. But I won't tell them, it's our little secret, yeah?" He smiled through his sentence, not really seeming fazed about it. I thought if anyone ever found out I'd leave.. duck out but, he's made me comfortable about something that overrides my anxiety. How could anyone ever be so perfect? He's hot, caring, funny, smart-... well, not so much that. But he's so.. I'm so..

"Can I ask you a question?" We both say in complete unison. We break into a small fit of laughter as I let Princey speak.

"Would you ever..." He paused to think. He stood up to sit next to me, now facing me.
"Virgil, I want to be here for you, I want to protect you and make you smile.."
He confused me, is he dying? Is he going to break me?

"Ro' what are you-"

"My dearest emo nightmare, would you do me the honour of letting me be your boyfriend?"