Book 5: Chapter 24

Start bij het begin

"The real question is why?" Blaise glared at Theo for brief moment before looking at Finley who looked relieved to see them. Admittedly, the weekend was so long and boring, the almost wanted to go back to Hogwarts even if the school said that they can take longer if they needed it. They do need the longer days away from school, but Finley was still there so they had no choice.

"Did he shove you roses again?"

"No," Finley shook her head, walking up towards her friends, tackling them in an embrace. She waited to have them around like this again, and aside from summer breaks and the holidays, three days has been far too long for her to be apart from them.

"Then what did he do? Tell us and we'll shove him off the astronomy tower."

"No need," she settled, hanging on to her hug with her boys a little longer than she was suppose to. "That bloody nose will haunt him until he jumps on that boat out of school."

"I'll tie him under the boat then," Theo joked, causing the four of them to laugh. For that brief moment, everything felt normal, well, as far as normal goes that is.

Their subtle reunion was held in Draco's room, much like always at this point, eating the treats that they all brought from home. Treats from Draco's mum, whiskey that Theo nicked from home, and finally Blaise who was the only one who brought Finley a Black forest cake from the muggle bakery in London.

"You know, there's a funny story about this cake," Finley pointed out laughing, catching the boy's attention. "This was the cake that Mirelle sent me that made us friends."

Theo bursted out laughing, remembering that faithful day, they were children at that point in time, not yet aware of dangers of reality.

"What are you both doing?" She chuckled. Both boys were childish enough to use their forks as make shift swords. "The cake was too good, we settled for the last slice in a duel."

"But—"

"Anggard you fied!"

As both boys started fighting with their forks again, wondering if she made the right choice of sharing her cake with them. She eventually ate the cake in pure amusement as the boys fought for the slice, and as they finished with Theo winning they were shocked that it was gone.

"Where?"

"Is"

"The cake?"

"Pathetic of you to fight over a cake," Draco chuckled, remembering the occurring fight that faithful day, he used to find it pathetic. But who knew that a single cake forged this strong of a friendship.

"Go on, try it. Then tell us if you wouldn't fight for a slice," Finley challenged him, pushing him the box of cake that the three of them were fighting over. Skeptic with it, he hasn't tried eating any of Finley's muggle sweet recommendations, and so he plunged his fork in the cake, taking a bit. He liked it.

"Too sweet," he commented before taking another bite at it.

"Too sweet? Says the boy who went his way on eating the trunk load of sugar quills," Blaise deadpans.

"And had peppermint frogs in his pockets still."

"Don't forget those licorice wands that's peaking out of his coat," Finley adds, her hand picked out the rogue candy from Draco's coat, causing the latter to glow red that he was caught red handed. He didn't like to admit that his sweet tooth was going over and beyond at this point of chaos, his mother locked away his stash of sweets from his room as to why he had to buy the lot from the trolley lady.