Book 1: Chapter 5

Of course it was the next morning, Finley couldn't sleep at all despite reading the potions book over and over last night. Too excited to wait she jumped up from her bed as she took a quick fixer up in the bathroom, putting on her Slytherin uniform that was already in her room. She tied the neck tie properly, tossing her dark hair into a loose brain.

No other Slytherin except Cora was awake, she was a 4th year Finley guesses and she just barely woke up. "Good morning," Finley greeted as she fidgeted.

Cora smiled "Excited for classes now are you? Good luck then," she said to the first year as she waved hello before going inside the bathroom to freshen up. A few minutes passed by that Slytherins started lazily walking into the common room in their pyjamas or uniforms, Draco was even seen holding his pillow dragging himself into the bathroom.

Finley would certainly black mail him for that, until then she made her way to the great hall for breakfast. Luckily she wasn't the only one there, she saw Hermione who was already reading her transfigurations book. She cheerly approached her Gryffindor friend with a small scare. "Boo!" Hermione yelped.

"Goodness Fin, you could've killed me," Hermione exclaimed holding her chest as she clutched her book.

"Well I wouldn't want that to happen to my dear friend now would I?" She teased. She sat down with Hermione talking about Transfigurations and such as they've guessed that it would be their first class together.

"I can't believe you wanted to be housed in Slytherin," One of the twins said as they approached the young witches.

"Well, my guardian was a Slytherin."

"So?"

"So what if I wanted to be in Slytherin, there's nothing wrong with that," she said as she took an apple from the fruit basket on the table. Finley turned around and saw that the Slytherin table was starting to have people, people like Malfoy, Parkinson and Zabini in fact.

"I should go and get proper breakfast with them, see you in any class Mione," she faired as she strode back to her table greeting good morning to her fellow Slytherins.

During breakfast, Severus came up to the first years giving them their time tables. As predicted she had Transfigurations first a long with some other Slytherins. With a brief nod towards the young witch, Severus proceeded to pass time tables for other Slytherins.

Taking small bites from her pumpkin pie, she reviewed her classes and free periods. She determined which are where and such like that, she finished eating in no time. Just as when Draco arrived with two chubby boys that she saw in the train, she didn't utter a word and sped off to the Slytherin common room to gather her books for her first class.

Transfiguration was great, she was half an hour early that Professor McGonagall gave her five points for being punctual. She started reading her book as Hermione and some other students came in, she chatted with her friend until class began. She wasn't aware of the fact that Ron and Harry weren't in the room yet until she heard the classroom door open.

"Would you believe the look on McGonagall's face if she saw us late?"

She couldn't dare say a word that their teacher was a cat, she kept on scribbling on her parchment until they both sat down. Ron looked up at her, "So what are you doing?"

"Transfiguration essay," she replied, rolling her parchment and walking towards the cat that transformed into a Professor.

"Well, thank you Ms. Evans. And you two, I hope to not see you late again."

Both boys turned red and nodded.

"I bet you a galleon that they'd be in trouble again," a Slytherin whispered to Finley as she sat back down on her designated desk.