Book 2: Chapter 7

October came in and she tried to hide from Blaise and Theo who were more excited for her birthday than she was. There was no hiding from the pair even if she borrowed Harry's invisibility cloak.

She threatened the Slytherins who took in requests to not buy expensive gifts that her best friends asked them for, even with the money that they were giving away for her.

"I told you sweets from Honeydukes are fine with me," she scolded Blaise who was caught owling his mum for an expensive gift.

"You deserve only the absolute best Finney bear," Blaise winked as he laughed at her groaning with the ridiculous nickname that escaped his mouth.

"Finney Winney would love my present!" Theo boasted as he also just sent an owl to his mum for a requested gift.

"Stop the ridiculous names, it's not fair that I don't have one for you both," she huffed. Placing their arms around her shoulders as they walked out he Owlery they pinched her cheeks teasingly.

"You my dear should stop whining, we will never forget that you gave us each expensive gifts from our birthdays," Blaise said. Remembering the golden cufflinks her received from her on his last birthday, even his mum gasped at how magnificent the small cufflinks were. It was worth a fortune if looked up in the market, it was a wonder how she got them.

"I can still hear my mom telling me to marry you for giving me those cufflinks," Theo said. Both of them received cufflinks from her, different metals but same expensive prices.

"They're only cufflinks, and truthfully they were given to me by Ms Thorns' brother who designed them."

The lie was it was given to her, she bought them with the money that was sure to be hers. The vault in Gringotts were all hers and Snape explained that the vault was from her late Grand parents, to her surprise it wasn't the only vault that was left to her. She was rich enough to buy her own wizarding school, and she was curious how it was hers and who her Grand parents were.

"You're birthday is next week Finney bear, what do you have plans on?" Blaise asked as they finally entered the school. Thinking carefully, if she ever told them something unspecified they would go over board.

"We'll cross the bridge when we get there," she simply said annoying her best friends. A year of friendship, they knew the girl hated planned extravagances, she was turning thirteen and they were furious that she didn't want to celebrate as much as they wanted her to. Even Professor Snape urged the two Slytherins to squeeze out celebratory ideas out of her and yet they were fruitless for she was a stubborn one.

"How about a trip to Hogsmaede?" Theo suggested.

"And get Snape in trouble? No," Finley fires as they walked in the halls towards the library for some odd reason.

"But we have to celebrate some how."

She wasn't having any of it, the rich people in the snake house would not think twice on creating a private Slytherin party in their common room. And with her best friends who were associated with Draco Malfoy who never had the miss opportunity to flaunt his riches, can and will make it happen.

"Look, I just want to have a piece of cake and ice cream and maybe a taste of butter beer. And that's it," she said stopping in front of the library door.

"What type of cake?"

"What type of ice cream?"

"Black forest both," she said as she entered the library to see Hermione who was doing their potions essay with Harry and Ron.

"Hullo lions," she greeted in hush tones.

Hermione smiled brightly at her and motioned for her to sit beside her. She didn't have her school bag, or a book to read, she wanted to hang out with her Gryffindor friends for a change.