Book 1: Chapter 13

Sitting in the common room near the fire with her cat on her lap would've been the best way to end her evening, but it wasn't for she sat there still in her uniform and her robes waiting for 8 pm when it's time for her detention. After giving her detention slip to Professor Snape he gave her an hour long of scolding about talking down on pug face dunder heads such as Parkinson, it would've been funny but it wasn't since it was her who got detention and not Pansy.

Her friends were fast asleep in their room after an hour long convincing that she would be alright alone in the common room until it was time to go. As the clock struck 8 she gently placed her cat's head on a pillow and she left the common room towards the entrance hall to find Filch.

She didn't at all expect to hear McGonagall yelling in a classroom, curiously peering inside and saw four Gryffindors and a Slytherin blond. "Fifty points from the five of you!" The Professor said.

Finley's jaw dropped, fifty bloody points!

"Professor, I think I heard you wrong. You said five?" The Blond boy wanted to clarify, Finley's palm rested on her forehead. Of course he would ask that, he's a narcissist after all.

"You heard right Mister Malfoy, as Noble as your intentions were you are still out of bed," The Professor said.

"There you are!" She jumped as she heard a menacing voice from behind her.

"I've been waiting for you for a while now," he added opening the door ti the classroom.

"You will join Ms Evans in detention with Mr Filch," Professor McGonagall said. The five students with her snapped their gazes towards the classroom door, she was amused that Neville and Hermione were with them.

"Follow me!" Filch said aggressively making Finley jump in surprise. The man hated children, and just by his looks if he wanted and was granted to hurt a child, he would. That was why for the span of walking in the dark outside the castle she hid behind Harry away from Filch.

"Why were you in detention?" She heard Harry ask her as they near a hut near the forbidden forest.

"A cat fight happened," she said. On second thought it was a pug faced girl trying to pull her scalp off, but she wasn't going to tell him that especially with Draco Malfoy having detention with them. Finally stopping in front of a large hairy man who held a lantern.

"Tis all yours now Rubeus," Filch said in a slight snarl, as he retreated to the castle leaving the six first years with him.

"Hello Hagrid," Harry greeted.

"Hullo Harry, c'mon we have work in The forbidden forest."

"What? But I thought we weren't allowed to enter the forbidden forest," Finley argues. Hermione and Neville agreed but it was no use in the end they were still taken into the forest.

"If ye find somethin, you send sparks. But if you find yerself in trouble, you send up red," the first years nodded.

"Now Longbottom with Fang and Ron and Harry—"

"No! I'll go with Evans and Fang," Draco argued.

"Oh please you blond ferret, stop being a ninny and just get on with the arrangement," Finley snapped, already fed up without even splitting up in groups just yet.

The arrangement ended up with Fang, Finley, Harry, and Draco in one direction, while the rest were with Hagrid. With half an hour with Draco complaining and such it took everything in Finley to not grab Harry and run back into the castle and leave the prat alone.

"Stupid Filch having students go and have detention in the forbidden forest, my father will hear about this," Draco grumbled walking behind them.

"Is there anything your father doesn't hear from you?" Finley asked rolling her eyes, Harry giggling beside her.