Book 3: Chapter 20

"Ron! Wait!" Finley heard Harry yell towards his ginger friend as the three of them ran after the boy and his rat. Tiring as it is, it was exhausting Finley with her shoulder sending jolts of pain. And now here they were, shocked to see a twisted tree the Finley knew well what it was.

"Scabbers, you bit me," she could hear Ron scold his rat.

"Do both of you realise what tree this is?" Hermione asked in horror.

"That's not good—"

"You think Harold?" Finley snapped, cupping her hands around her mouth in haste. "Ron, run for your bloody life!"

Ron looked up and paled, pointing behind them he yelled back, "Harry, Hermione, Finley! Run!"

Growls were heard, Finley turned around and was stunned to see the familiar black dog who always seemed so sweet to her. Looking like a feral beast out for blood, she too paled not knowing what to do. "It's the grim!"

A grim? Hell, it sure does look like a bloody grim. Whatever happened to the sweet dog who licked her tears away when she was feeling down, there must be a mistake.

"Calm down Snuffles, it's me. Finney! You don't want to eat us right?"

"Finley what are you doing?!" Hermione scolded backing away slowly. Goodness if only Filey knew what she was doing, she was clearly as clueless as anyone present, she was acting like an idiot treating a feral dog like a puppy.

The dog ran, causing Finley to fall back closing her eyes shut in fear that it bit her but it merely jumped over her. Feeling someone shake her shoulder, she looked up and Ron was screaming in horror.

"Harry!" Ron cried as he was pulled away by the dog with its teeth.

"Ron!" Harry exclaimed in alarm, helping Finley up and running towards his best friend and the dog. The black dog dragged Ron into a hole in the whomping willow, and it certainly started a commotion on the tree.

"Harry watch out!" Finley screamed as a branch came and lashed towards them, instinctively manoeuvring herself out of its branch's way.

"Finley! Duck!" She heard Hermione's yell but it was too late, the branch hit Finley's torso. Her arms grabbing hold on the branch.

"Ahh!" Finley screamed and soon she wasn't the only one screaming, Hermione was on one of the tree's branches too.

"Harry!" She hears a scream, she could've sworn that she saw Hermione grab hold on to Harry's shirt pulling him with her into the hole. And she was the only one left on the branches, she reached for her wand while she still held onto her the flailing branch for her dear life. Clutching on her wand, "Confringo!"

It wasn't the brightest thing she done, but it did shoot her into the hole, the down side was that she slid down the hole head first. And later she managed to kiss the dirty floor with her face.

"Are you alright Finley?" She could hear Harry ask, helping her up.

"I'll be fine," Finley says, clutching her shoulder tightly as she felt her hand violently shake again. It was either her paining shoulder, or an actual injury. Either way, Finley wasn't going to be able to use her wand again for the rest of her time spent in this weird hole.

"Where do you suppose this goes?" Hermione asked cautiously, supporting Finley's weight. Harry right in front of them protectively, and for some reason Harry might know where this was going.

"I have a hunch, I just hope I'm wrong."

The walk in the tunnels was wet and smelled of mould and rot, just hoping that Ron was still alive at this point. Finley tried desperately to hold herself together and not pass out from the pain. The mental exercise of not minding the pain wasn't working anymore. She couldn't use her wand to fix herself up like she does, and it was frustrating for her.