Book 4: Chapter 5

"She hasn't been answering my owls, what do you think happened to her?" Harry complained in the Gryffindor common room as he paced in front of the fire place. It's been a month since school started, he tried his absolute best to owl his sister at least twice a week. He tried consulting Sirius if anything was wrong with his sister, but he couldn't bother a him as he is on the run. He was worried at the fact that he couldn't see Finley in Hogwarts anymore and what if she was in trouble.

"Sit down Harry, I'm sure Finley is fine," Hermione pulls Harry on the couch next to her, still clutching a book in her hand. She tries to convince Harry that it was alright, but she would be lying if she denied her worries too. Her best friend was in another place, Merlin knows what was happening to her. The first few weeks of school was alright, Finley manages to owl them but the weeks followed she stopped altogether.

Ron did not comment on this, he doesn't want to be the pessimist in the trio and he doesn't want to dampen the already soggy mood Harry was in. He secretly sends owls to Finley the past week too, he was that worried for Finley and his best mate. They only found out that they were related just at the end of last year, now they were apart, who wouldn't be worried.

"She should've owled you know, like she promised?" Harry says sarcastically glaring at the flames in the fire place.

"She might be busy, you know Beauxbatons is different from Hogwarts," Hermione says.

"Different as in there a lot of veelas, and I heard that the boys there are good looking—"

"Not helping Gin," Ron scolded his sister who had a teasing grin on her face, Harry was glowing red. No one would dare deny that Finley wasn't pretty as hell, because if it was up to Harry she might as well be locked up in her room before any man was to get near her.

"Well, she might be dating someone there now," Hermione mutters.

"No!" Harry groans. The present Gryffindors in the common room looked at him with pity.

"I don't see a deal with this Harry, she is more than capable to be in a relationship you know," Hermione says finally putting away her book. Ron nods at his best mate who looked even more distraught than he was before, no one in the common room spoke ill about the chosen one's sister in about to Harry anymore.

"I sent her parchment! An eagle feathered quill! And a bloody ribbon to tie the bloody letter! And she can't even write me back?!" Theo found himself ranting in the Slytherin table during the breakfast. Blaise was as upset as he was that he glared at the food he had on his plate.

Slytherins learned their lesson to not go and tease the duo about their missing friend, the whole common room was in a jinxing chaos because of it. Now lately they wished the half blooded sprite light of theirs would come back to stop these boys' bitching. But at least they were only two, they hoped that the blond Slytherin Prince wasn't going to add in. Thankfully he wasn't, at least not to their faces.

"Is it so hard to write a bloody letter? Is she coming to the tournament or not?" Theo snaps again, stabbing his sausage repeatedly causing the already scared first years to shiver.

"Can you stop whining? She might be busy you know," Blaise glares at his best mate, well of course he should be scolding Theo. Finley wasn't around to beat his ass at the moment.

"We're never too busy to owl her!" Theo complains again, digging the fork on the sausage.

"Maybe because it's only been a month since the start of the year you oaf!" Blaise tells Theo once more.

Both boys hated the fact that they were down to two when they were three for three years, they grew to hate their head of house for that specific reason of taking their best friend away. The previous year for Finley was a land mine for her, they didn't like how she was struggling to keep herself in check. The news of Snape kicking her out of the house was by far unacceptable that both boys wanted their parents to adopt her. Well Blaise's mother almost did, Theo didn't want them to as his father was a death eater and loathed half bloods.