Book 2: Chapter 17

Whatever happened to the Slytherin Sprite to cause her to go depressed was known throughout the whole castle, the usual smiling, snappy, and sarcastic Slytherin was missing in the cold dungeons. Whenever a Slytherin would pass by students who gossiped about their little Sprite light was automatically hexed especially from her two best friends Theodore Nott and Blaise Zabini. Both of which tried to pull her out of the hospital wing for three days and always fail, fingers crossed that sending in Malfoy, that son of a bitch to persuade her to at least eat was a call of desperate measures.

But whatever happened that afternoon when they sent Malfoy was a mystery to the two friends as they saw their best friend a day later, hooking her arm around Malfoy's arm and laughing.

"What kind of sorcery is this?"

"Dark arts perhaps?"

"Bullshit," both boys chorused as they watched their best friend running towards them with a rather large smile on her face.

Of course they wouldn't say it to Finley's face, they knew she was hiding something, and to hell with it, its not Draco Malfoy she was hiding. She was no where near any of her Gryffindor friends, that morning, nor had she stuck around long enough to walk to their classes. Yet the only time both of them heard her say anything to them was "Do you boys have any plans? I need you in the library."

And that was the third time she asked them.

Of course Blaise had detention today as well so that left Theo to accompany her to the library.

"Honestly Blaisie darling, you picked today of all days to get yourself in detention?" Theo teased. It was the period where they had to walk to astronomy class together, it so happened to be on the worst classroom to go in.

"I heard that you hexed people, I can't believe you let yourself get caught," Finley mused as she was back to her usual self, to others at least. No one knew her better than her best friends, and they knew enough that digging into the Hogwarts history books ever so often makes up for the suspicion that she was up to something.

"Well I didn't think anyone was near the bathroom—"

"The lady's bathroom you mean?" Finley raised her brow accusingly at Blaise who chuckled.

"Bathrooms are bathrooms when they have toilets," Blaise waved off as they reached the astronomy classroom.

"Mother Zabini is indeed disappointed that you got yourself caught," Finley laughs as the Astronomy classroom was full of lolly gagging Gryffindors. The two Slytherin boys looked around and have not seen two specific Gryffindor boys, and they were curious that Finley wasn't the least bit worried for them. They sat down up front, Finley now taking out her emerald green journal.

"Okay! Spill it Evans, what are you up to?" Theo narrowed his eyes at his puzzled friend.

"What are you talking about?"

"I call bullshit, you're up to something. And it will automatically get you hurt," Blaise said causally as possible.

Finley looked at her best friends as if they were crazy, she wasn't expecting them to be like this at all really. She wasn't hiding anything, nothing was wrong except for the part where her best friend Hermione was in the hospital wing and that Harry and Ron were looking for answers.

"Come one Finley, don't take us as idiots. We know you're looking for the answers," Theo said.

"But I am, why do you think I asked you to the library," puzzled even more with her response they met each other's gazes. The girl rolled her eyes at how slow her friends were, she expected them to be more cunning than she was.