Book 4: Chapter 4

Arriving in France, Finley has never been so thankful for being able to be taught french by Mirelle Thorns as a second language. If not she was going to bleed her nose at how fast these snotty Veelas spoke. It was her first day in Beauxbatons, and to tell her that she was impressed with how the school looked, she never thought about pastels to be her new favourite shades. But that in itself she could hear Blaise yelling at her in the back of her mind for thinking such thing.

Most students were veela girls, hardly any boys depending on their blood line. A lot of muggle borns in Beauxbatons than Hogwarts that was for sure. As she is new she was stared at by the major population in the school, she was behind a giantess which she knew was the head mistress.

"You will be assorted to your classes according to your grades from your previous school," that was what the large woman had said. Intimidating? Yes, this giantess is indeed intimidating that she almost wanted to take off her shoes and not make a sound as he woman's heels were powerful enough to have the hall fall silent.

As she is new to Beauxbatons, she already dreaded the attention she was to get this day. As of now she was only being oriented for her first day, her schedule and dorm was to be given to her before her classes started. Instinctively in Mirelle's family, she was shoved in a black bodice dress with white puffed sleeves with black linings on the wrist and collar. Her shoes were the ones her best friend's widow mother had given her for a going away present. And she thought she finally got away from being coddled up like a doll, but this place was worst as Mirelle's family  was exactly like Missus Zabini, minus buying her five pairs of shoes in different colours.

"This is your schedule Ms Evans," the giantess had said as she slid a piece of parchment towards her. She took the parchment and frowned.

"Is there something the matter?" The giantess asked as she saw Finley's eyes furrowed. The girl snapped from her furrowing gaze at the parchment and gave the giantess a shy smile, she placed the parchment down.

"Pardon me, I would like a clarification. I would like this to be Potter please," she said pointing at the last name Evans. She was going to uphold that promise of using her last name Potter because there was no denying that she is in fact a Potter.

Amused, the giantess granted the girl her correction and replaced the name Evans with Potter.

"I suggest you put on your uniform before I escort you to your dorm," she heard the headmistress suggest as she pointed at the corner. Nodding with the suggestion, she took the uniform from her bag and changed in the corner that was provided for her. The uniform was weightless, it felt light on her skin, her tights were skin toned and her shoes fit her perfectly. She manages her hair in a half ponytail before going out the changing corner with her previous clothes in hand. She looked at the mirror as soon as she got out from behind the changing corner, she looked like a different person. Blue was definitely her colour, she spun around at least once to get a good view at the dress properly.

"Come, I'll show you to your dorm," the Headmistress said in her thick french accent that Finley just noticed.

The walk to the west wing of the school was a short one as it was nearer to the headmistress' office. The doors were white and had numbers on them, they stopped at the fifth door before the end of the corridor, Finley made sure to count to avoid awkward confrontations.

With three knocks, the door opened revealing a light brown haired girl around Finley's age who was wearing the uniform similar to Finley's. This girl had her hat on and was shy in the presence of Finley.

"Madame Maxime!" The girl gasped as she realised who knocked.

The giantess smiled at the girl fondly, her large hand behind Finley pushing her forward gently. "Mademoiselle Argent, this is Ms Potter. I suggest you help her settle in before classes officially start," the woman said.