Book 1: Chapter 11

Christmas morning, she felt her cat nuzzle her cheek waking her. Finley sat up yawning and stretching her arms, she gave her cat a kiss on the head and stood up. "Morning Cassian, happy Christmas ," she muttered. Grabbing her hair brush from the night stand and her green silk ribbon she fix her hair at least and brushed her teeth before going to the common room where she was sure to open the gifts that she was waiting to open for a few excruciating days now.

With her cat behind her, she sat by the fire and saw that the boxes before multiplied. She kept thanking her friends through owling and often received double presents from Theo and Blaise.

Gifts that were sent by owl from them were mostly candies and snacks that she enjoyed eating as Christmas came near. She opened the boxes that were from Blaise and Theo and found that they were books and sugar quills from Theo. Blaise gave her a sweater from a well known brand.

Most of her gifts were either food or clothes, her personal favourite was one from Ms Thorns which was a dream catcher. Though it was only for muggle lore and wizard amusement, she loved the idea of a charm catching her nightmares and protecting her from it.

Professor Snape gave her another book of potions and alchemy, she was sure to read it once she gives her gifts to her Gryffindor friends and owling her gifts to the people outside Hogwarts.

There was one last gift that she failed to notice, it laid behind the Slytherin themed Christmas tree that she had to crawl just to get it. It was the smallest box, somehow it looked like a box for a ring, deciding to open it later when she gets back she ran back to her dorm grabbing her gifts for her friends.

"Happy Christmas Harry!" Finley called out once she arrived in the great hall to see the Weasleys and Harry were eating their breakfast.

"Happy Christmas Finney," the twins greeted.

"Happy Christmas," Harry said as he gave Finley a hug as a proper greeting. Exchanging gifts and eating their Christmas morning feast, she searched for Professor Snape and smiled from ear to ear to see that he was wearing the broach that she gifted him.

"Thanks for the chocolate frogs—"

"YOU GOT US ZONKO'S CARDS!" a startling cheer echoed through the great hall and before anyone knew it Finley was on the the shoulders of the Weasley twins being paraded around around the halls in cheers. Finley merely let out an embarrassed giggle as she covered her red face.

"Best!"

"Christmas!"

"Gift!"

"EVER!" The twins hollered in the halls, teachers only grinned and shook their heads.

"Boys put me down!" Finley scolded, and when they did let her down on the Gryffindor table, the commotion ended. And resumed the feast and the gift exchanges, though if it were up to her, she wanted the tables on the side as all of them sat on the floor.

"Thanks for the chocolate frogs," Ron said as he started eating and checking the cards that he received.

"Thanks for the sweater," she said as she held up a dark shade of green and a cursive silver 'F'.

"Mum made that."

She smiled as she folded the sweater neatly again, "I hope she likes scarves."

The thought of getting Mrs Weasley a gift was somewhat hard for her because of the facf that she didn't know the woman as much. Yet she didn't want to go on about Christmas without getting her something, thankfully she wouldn't feel so bad now that she just sent a scarf that she somehow got from Hogsmaede with a little bribing with a certain quidditch fanatic.