Book 5: Chapter 12

"You... you've been missing for two days! And when you came back you were dead—"

"Shush! She'll be dead again if you don't lower down your voice," Sebastian scolded his cousin, earning a punch on the arm that actually hurt him. Groaning, he rubbed his arm, already expecting a fist shaped bruise on it by the time the get back to their respective schools.

"And you!" Heart pointed at Theo who paled at how angry Heart was at the two males who accompanied her and Finley in farthest part of the town. "We've been exchanging owls for months! And you don't even have the decency to tell me that my best friend was alive?!"

"Heart—"

"Nu-uh, I'll deal with you later," Heart snapped at Finley before glaring at Theo once again, looking torn at the angry look he was receiving from the french girl. Finley grabbed hold of Heart's hand, letting the girl face her with a serious look on her face.

"Heart, I told them not to tell anyone," Finley explained, the angry expression was changed to hurt. Finley didn't mean to hurt Heart in any way, but it was dangerous for her to know that she was alive, which begs the question. How did she find out?

"How did you find out?—"

"Madame Maxime told me you were alive, I couldn't believe her at first until I heard from my mum that Bazz was going to Scotland somewhere in October," Heart explained, digging in her coat pockets, pulling out an envelope. Opening it, it was a spell, a special messaging spell. "I knew he would be coning here for your birthday, I thought it was going to be a sad reunion. But imagine my surprise to see you here with short purple hair and red lipstick, I almost thought you were someone else."

"That was the point actually," Finley cracked a smile, which Heart returned.

"She also told me that there was a new professor in your school?"

"You mean that ugly pink shit?" Finley scoffed, reading the contents of the letter and found it fascinating. "Hardly a teacher, she makes Voldemort look like a puppy with how evil she is."

"Don't say his name!" Heart scold Finley, pausing for a but before pulling Finley into a tight embrace that later turned into a sob fest. "I can't believe you died."

Patting Heart's back, she missed her roommate, their bond was different from the bonds she had from her Hogwarts friends. Heart was literally the only person she had been leaning on in France when she starts to miss Harry and the others back in England. "I'm here now," Finley muttered, returning the hug once again.

"But how?" Heart asks, turning to Theo and her cousin who only watched them. "How is she alive? Is it a spell?"

"It was her curse," Sebastian spoke. "Remember the snake heads on her shoulder that you told us about? Each head off, she loses a life."

Heart gasped, remembering the tattoo very vividly, remembering how she asked the Headmistress about it once or twice. The look on Finley's face just said that they were right, after all it really was her curse that kept her alive, the problem was that, what if her snake heads run out.

"We're making sure that she doesn't get herself killed every two seconds—"

"What the hell is that?" Heart snaps to see a scar on Theo's hand, Finley's heart grew in anger, familiar with the scar. "Is— a blood quill? That's illegal!" Heart exclaimed, looking down on Theo's hand that he retracted as quick as he could.

"Well, she an inquisitor—"

"What is that even?" Heart scoffed, burying her hands in her jacket pocket. Finley was about to say something until her eye caught sight of Harry, Ron, and Hermione coming their way. The three freezing at the sight of the two unexpected guests, not expecting to see them in Hogsmaede.