Book 2: Chapter 8

"It's swish and flick you moron! Not flick and flick! You'll burn your eyebrows off— Merlin! Are you trying to poke my eye out?" Finley scolded the first year Slytherin who irritated her with the wrong wand movements and spell chanting.

"Wingardium with long 'gar' you nitwit, and Leviosa, 'Osa' not 'osar' seriously how are you Slytherin?" She snapped again. The Slytherin first year dropped his head in shame as he was being scolded by her, of course it wasn't on purpose. Finley knew better than to embarrass a Slytherin boy with his fellow Slytherins in the common room or the whole school in the library. She had a special pass to use Snape's classroom during free period and of course her tutoring isn't for free.

"Can I take a break at least?" The young Snake asked tired from doing a simple levitation spell over and over again.

"No you leave and come back when you know how to pronounce a spell properly," she said taking it easy on her recently healed arm. Walking out the classroom to attend transfigurations, she wasn't anymore in a foul mood. As soon as she saw Theo and Blaise who were grinning at her from ear to ear she ran and gave them both a hug.

"How was tutoring Pansy's younger cousin?" Blaise laughed.

She groaned again remembering the boy in Snape's classroom. "He is just as bad as his cousin," she said laying her head on Blaise's shoulder.

"How did he manage to get you as his tutor?" Theo asked amused at the situation.

"Apparently Missus Parkinson had connections and forced him on me," she said as they finally entered the transfigurations classroom. Slumping on the second row to the front, Malfoy was already there and was poking fun at Harry for the match tomorrow to throw him off his game.

"Do you know what else is going to happen tomorrow?" Blaise wiggled his eyebrows at his best friends. Theo was grinning while Finley covered her face.

"What's happening tomorrow?" Malfoy asked who now caught their attention.

"It's Finley's birthday," Blaise said ruffling the girl's hair but was swatted away.

She didn't like everyone in Slytherin knowing her name and her birthday or they'll have an excuse to throw a party the next day which of course would be disguised as a victory party. She punched Blaise on the shoulder accompanied with a glare.

"Well why didn't you say so Evans, We could've organised a party for you," the blond winked.

"Or a funeral party for you if you open your damn mouth to the Prefects," she snapped at him. But of course, when did the Slytherin blond prince ever listen to her.

Because the very next day during the Slytherin versus Gryffindor game, was an announcement from Lee Jordan greeting her a Happy birthday.

"I have been paid to announce a happy birthday to our dear own friendly Slytherin sprite light Finley Evans! Happy Birthday Doll!"

"You both are unbelievable," she glared at her best friends as the whole Slytherins cheered and sang a Happy Birthday song that even the Slytherin teams were shouting in joy.

"I swear to Salazar Slytherin if we lose this game I will send bludgers your way in practice!" She yelled at Montague and Warrington who were had shit eating grins on their faces. But if course they knew well that she was not all bark, her bite was just as painful.

Malfoy dove to try and catch the snitch, Harry closing in and by sheer dumb luck the boy who lived stumbled and caught the bloody snitch ending the game. Finley was distraught, they lost the first game of the season and there was hell to pay. Flint sent curses towards Malfoy who was also had a leg injury but it didn't compare to what happened to Harry who had his arm limp from any bones. She had a difficult time deciding who to go see first, and decided, to hell with it she was going with her house.